Red Cliff 2 Not as Good as the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Cliff 1 sucked BIG TIME.

Red Cliff 2 did not disappoint, it SUCKED BIG TIME.

I have no problem if the director and screen writer changed the story line, but the scripts sucked, the directing sucked, the fight scenes sucked, the battle scene sucked. What more do you want from a movie?

1 is worst of the 2.

I enjoyed it. Some funny moments to break up the usual lead up to big fights. The major battles were awesome though I wish there was more emphasis on the naval battle instead of just "I ram you with fire ships and I win".

Dear all,

I beg to differ. This is my 2 cents worth of opinion on this 2 films:

''Romance of the 3 Kingdoms'' is based on the ''Record of the 3 Kingdoms'' by Zhou Yu. The latter is a historical record. In addition Sima Quan also recorded the events. The "Romance" is basically a novelization, meaning "romanticization" on actual events. The ROTK is actually written in the 14th Century during the Ming Dynasty, more than a millennia after the 3 Kingdoms occurred. When John Woo's directing this film, he chosed to follow some events happened in the ''Record of the 3 Kingdoms''.

Personally, I think the battle scenes are well-fought and simply marvellous and well-constructed. The battle scenes are almost comparative to those of Lord of the Ring: Part 2 & 3, where the latter used mostly CGI. Thus, I view this movie more as an epic production rather than historical records. Perhaps now let's see this ''Red Cliff series'' as a movie by itself but not as the series of Romance of the 3 Kingdoms or from any actual events happened in 3 Kingdoms' history. If you guys want a 100% historical accuracy, then I think it might be better of watching a documentary, isnt it? :)

My verdict --- Its an epic. Never in the history of Asian movie industry has filmed movies of this magnitude. To film movies of this calibre required massive amount of investments and experienced crews. Partly beause of his years of experience in the movie industry as well as Hollywood filming experiences, I am able to see the emerge of an oriential movie as well as western style of filming effects. Every movie does have its drawbacks. The only flaw in this movie is that the naval battle was not as great as those being fought on land. However, despite this minor flaw, I am giving this movie a 4 stars out of 5.

:thumbsup:

Anyway movies in the cinema hardly follow the same as the books or comics. Twilight is another... the book is so much better.:bsmilie:

Anyway movies in the cinema hardly follow the same as the books or comics. Twilight is another... the book is so much better.:bsmilie:

Yah... Thats why I pointed out, if you want to watch a movie that follows exactly the same events in the historical records, go watch documentary instead.

I just dont understand some ppl that paying that much money instead of enjoying the show, just keeps on complaining.

Also watched the movie and the changes in plot were acceptable. The movie was meant to be entertaining and not as a documentary. But I feel that the little encounter between Sun Shang Xiang (while in Cao Cao camp) and that dumb fellow (can't remember the name) is totally unnecessary.

Speaking of pyrotechnics, some fire scenes were so fake that they looked like the one in the SMRT bomb terrorist advert :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.