Red Bull Speed Street Singapore - starting 15 Apr 11

seizure

Nov 24, 2008
source

Orchard Road closed for Red Bull F1 car stunt

SINGAPORE'S premier shopping belt, Orchard Road, will be closed as a Formula One car speeds down a 800-metre stretch on it, on April 24, from 4pm onwards.

The one-hour showcase - named Red Bull Speed Street Singapore - starts from the ION Orchard/Marriott Singapore, and will let the public see and hear up close, an F1 car for free, for the first time.

Former F1 driver David Coulthard will be racing the Red Bull Racing show car, as he performs manoeuvres such as burnouts and donuts, stunts which are seldom seen in F1 races.

The actual running showcar which Coulthard will be driving, will go on display outside the Singapore Marriot Hotel from this Friday, 10am onwards, where it will be stationed until April 22. More than 50,000 people are expected to turn up for the event. :thumbsup:

Motorsport enthusiasts can also catch Audi and Infiniti cars on display at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza, where the Red Bull Speed Street event will be based. Gamers may look forward to a gaming area featuring the Red Bull X2010 supercar in the PS3 game GT5, set up alongside four F1 simulators courtesy of Singapore's F1 organiser Singapore GP. The last Red Bull demonstration event happened back in Singapore in 2008, before the Chingay Parade at City Hall.

Undergraduate Andrea Chua is planning to attend the event with her group of friends who are all F1 friends. The 21-year-old said, 'It's a great opportunity for F1 fans to get together as well as for non-fans to get to know the sport.'

Thanks for the heads-up!!! I'll be there for the stunt event! :thumbsup:

anyone knows if the area will be F1 style fenced up?

Sound interesting... I'm in...

I wonder what are the lenses applicable here... 55-200mm enough??

http://www.redbull.sg/cs/Satellite/en_SG/Event/Red-Bull-Speed-Street-Singapore-021242981638566

RB%20Speed%20Street%20Singapore.JPG

Is 18-105mm still enough?

Btw is have anyone go Today to see The actual running showcar which Coulthard will be driving? Can share the pict? Tx a lot

not perfect but should be able to get some shots. i'll be bringing that lens too. just in case it comes into a closer range than my 55-200 i'll change to the 18-105. will be leaving my primes at home...

not perfect but should be able to get some shots. i'll be bringing that lens too. just in case it comes into a closer range than my 55-200 i'll change to the 18-105. will be leaving my primes at home...

18-105mm is good enough but important is where you stand beside Orchard road for best shot. I was there in KL from 1-3 April 2011 but never expect right time that there was Red Bull F1 Street Speed at Jalan Bintang, KL before i left back to Singapore. Nice timing

Is 18-105mm still enough?

Btw is have anyone go Today to see The actual running showcar which Coulthard will be driving? Can share the pict? Tx a lot

5621581661_9605752f89_b.jpg

I don't see any other promotional event going on except a security guard eyeing me suspiciously while I'm taking photos of the car...

was there yesterday to snap snap :D

img1410n.jpg

more shots here

5621581661_9605752f89_b.jpg

I don't see any other promotional event going on except a security guard eyeing me suspiciously while I'm taking photos of the car...

From this angle it looks like a small scaled F1. :bsmilie:

5630462646_68e0d47e73_b.jpg

Here's my take - more on my flicker link. If I'm not wrong the guards are there to ward off those who are too happy to put / lean their arms and hands over the glass fence... Seen a number of peeps being adviced to not lean their entire body weight on the glass. I was there for hours taking photos and they wouldn't even bother me one bit, of course they are waiting for me to lean my arms on the glass panel (kidding of course)... ;)

"The office"
5630475186_7ed9bf2dc5_b.jpg

Last edited:
-ticketed event, so these tickets offers you.. maybe

Last edited:
Sigh...went all the way to the event just in time to hear the roar of the car...the event finished quite early, ahead of scheduled time. Could only manage to take some long shots of Coulthard and the car.