Red Bull Speed Street Singapore - starting 15 Apr 11

Was quite crowded, esp around Ngee Ann where the show started...not sure about now though.

was there a downpour? It was raining heavily in the west, so decided not to go, big mistake :cry:

was there a downpour? It was raining heavily in the west, so decided not to go, big mistake :cry:

There was some REALLY dark overcast... but it never even let a drop... I was thoroughly prepared for both situations though... Yes, very crowded and not easy to find a good shooting spot. I was there about an hour earlier, good spots were quickly filled up about 30 mins before it really started...

There was some REALLY dark overcast... but it never even let a drop... I was thoroughly prepared for both situations though... Yes, very crowded and not easy to find a good shooting spot. I was there about an hour earlier, good spots were quickly filled up about 30 mins before it really started...

sigh:( waiting for the pics (and video if any)

I ended up taking photos of Ngee Ann City, Orchard road, and the crowd!!! Just managed to get a couple of long shots of David Coulthard from behind when he was getting his ride back to the hotel hehe...and some of the car (but when it was already loaded on the truck haha)...

It was a great event.

I hope that you'll understand about the planning of this event and the reasons many photographers came early and go back late.

Road closed 1500 - 1800 hrs.

Clean road before event 1500 - 1600 hrs.

Actual event 1600 - 1700 hrs.

Clean road before normal traffic begins 1700 - 1800 hrs.

Road opened for normal traffic 1800 hrs.

Sigh...went all the way to the event just in time to hear the roar of the car...the event finished quite early, ahead of scheduled time. Could only manage to take some long shots of Coulthard and the car.

Last edited:
Hi all, I've done some shots of the event...here

Critiques welcome!

I nearly went deaf shooting the cars as I was at the traffic light junction between Taka and Paragon, the nearest up front they would let anyone go to. The event was pretty short though..

OH yes, my shots can be found here.

I was using my friend's D300 and I wasn't familiar with it (i usually use a D90) so the shots turned out quite dark...

OH yes, my shots can be found here.

I was using my friend's D300 and I wasn't familiar with it (i usually use a D90) so the shots turned out quite dark...

Pretty good already, Cheryl. Don't worry, it kinda threw a lot of peeps off guard that day, considering that the weather suddenly turned from bright and sunny to dark and gloomy... I had to bump up the ISO much...

Wished I had a D300/s myself.... :p