Red-breasted Parakeet (Psittacula alexandri)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chngpe01

Staff member
The Red-breasted Parakeet, also known as the Moutacheed Parakeet, are not natives of Singapore and was originally found only in Java and Bali.

Together with many others species of parrots and parakeets, the Red-breasted Parakeet were introduced to Singapore 3-4 decades ago through the bird trade. Most have established themselves in Singapore and have feral (i.e. tame birds that returned to the wild) breeding populations.

These parakeets are found at Changi Village around the village Angsana trees along the main road and they actually nest in tree holes found on those trees. So if you are in the vicinity do look out for them and others

Cheers

PE

54318862.jpg
54319652.jpg

Thanks KT and Raptor for your comments.

I also find that a number of ppl pefer the second shot, my wife and kid included. I personally like the first shot as it has communication with the subject and I like the space on the right to show part of the environment. It boils down to a matter of taste and preference - no right or wrong. :)

BTW both shots are not cropped, the first was taken further away and the second shot I moved nearer to the subject.

Thanks again

Cheers

PE

Status
Not open for further replies.