megaweb.clubsnap.org
crw_4568_std.jpg

crw_4571_std.jpg

crw_4572_std.jpg

crw_4578_std.jpg

ouch... the ants look quite fiercesome... almost can feel them biting me

love the last one most!

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Sad to say, not up to your usual (very very high) standard. Dang! Those ants move REAL FAST, don't they? :D
ya loh :( :D

anyway they are very active ...

Liked the composition in the 4th pic. :thumbsup:

wow... amazed that you can actually take the pictures of these ants... must have taken you quite a while before you could capture it right? Super active creatures man...

I can really almost feel them biting me :eek:

:thumbsup:

I'm always amazed by your close ups man... the magnification is so much and this projects us to the world of the ants as if they are as big as humans!

Care writing an article sometime?

Lovely pics...as usual excellent clarity... we hv similar ants in india too...they are not red but orangeish in color and they bind leaves with thin threads of gossamer that they extrude and live in colonies...... they hv quite a painful and burning sting and u just hv to get an experience once to really know how painful they actually are.......!!

Lovely pics.....would love to go into macro myself......and your pics inspire me very much..... :cheergal:

Ravi

Originally posted by coolbrat
Lovely pics...as usual excellent clarity... we hv similar ants in india too...they are not red but orangeish in color and they bind leaves with thin threads of gossamer that they extrude and live in colonies...... they hv quite a painful and burning sting and u just hv to get an experience once to really know how painful they actually are.......!!

Lovely pics.....would love to go into macro myself......and your pics inspire me very much..... :cheergal:

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

They do the same thing here.

Here's a pic (no where near as good megaweb's) of some ants attacking a poor millipede from all flanks! Hope megaweb doesn't mind my posting it here. :)

large.jpg

Cheers,
Cyril

Originally posted by cyrilng
Hi Ravi,

They do the same thing here.

Here's a pic (no where near as good megaweb's) of some ants attacking a poor millipede from all flanks! Hope megaweb doesn't mind my posting it here. :)
Cheers,
Cyril
It is ok. Dunno is it me or what , ur ants look like lying low on the floor or caused by some sort of distortion

Originally posted by kedarvbhat
i like the first one its eating a snail right?
i see 2 flash diffusers used, is it ?
Yes , it was eating the snail and 2 flashes were used

Originally posted by megaweb
It is ok. Dunno is it me or what , ur ants look like lying low on the floor or caused by some sort of distortion

Yes , it was eating the snail and 2 flashes were used

They appeared to go into this semi-prone attack posture when they grabbed on to the millipede. The one at the bottom isn't so flattened out if you notice. More joined in later.

Ecophylla or the leaf weaver ant, or the "curry pok" with a reputation of being a fierce species.

very well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.