Red Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pplneedthelord

Sep 18, 2007
serangoon
2264355405_f39e93c657.jpg

hi, i would like to commented on the above picture. i would like to know whether is the picture's crop too much? should i have taken the picture further back? and how can the picture be improved.

shot using a 400d+50mm f/1.8

Thank You

pplneedthelord

Unflattering harsh lighting on a soft fragile rose. Blown highlights. Distracting foreground. Seemingly disconnected main subject that's floating. No compositional elements/pointers/guidelines used.

The strangest thing is that I see there's DOF but it just convinces the mind that there isn't any depth, that's what your lighting and composition has done.

Answer these qns: What is the intended picture? Why was the lighting arranged that manner? Explanation for composition? And honestly, how much time did you spend trying to take this shot?

Unflattering harsh lighting on a soft fragile rose. Blown highlights. Distracting foreground. Seemingly disconnected main subject that's floating. No compositional elements/pointers/guidelines used.

The strangest thing is that I see there's DOF but it just convinces the mind that there isn't any depth, that's what your lighting and composition has done.

Answer these qns: What is the intended picture? Why was the lighting arranged that manner? Explanation for composition? And honestly, how much time did you spend trying to take this shot?

hmmm, i think i took about 3 minutes to capture the shot. well, i was holding the flowers on my left hand and my right hand, i was holding the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.