Recovery Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure how my dad did it...but he managed to recover some files that were deleted from the comp using "Shift+Del" (means it didn't go thru the recycle bin before being deleted)

getdataback

trail version should work

but the disc you wanna recover cannot be c:/

the net has some freeware u can try. Recovered some files b4 but u betta pray they haven been over written on the hdd

Which drive was the file originally on ? It's important that you do not write to the drive that the file was originally on - as it will make recovery difficult, but if it was the C: drive that may be hard as the OS is continually writing to this drive.

I would have recommended GetDataBack as well, strange that it did not work for you, as it is quite a good piece of software - did you specify the correct original drive ? Another one to try is Norton Undelete, but I haven't used that one for years.

Which drive was the file originally on ? It's important that you do not write to the drive that the file was originally on - as it will make recovery difficult, but if it was the C: drive that may be hard as the OS is continually writing to this drive.

I would have recommended GetDataBack as well, strange that it did not work for you, as it is quite a good piece of software - did you specify the correct original drive ? Another one to try is Norton Undelete, but I haven't used that one for years.

Ok, the file was originally on the desktop which is the C drive right. Bugger, however, my recycle bin is dedicated to use the D drive, I will try this drive later, but because of its size its taking too long to scan now.

Status
Not open for further replies.