• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

Recover Your Lost Data


Status
Not open for further replies.

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#1
Recently, I damaged my partition allocation using Partition Magic and to my horror, my 100 gigs of images, mp3, etc are totally wiped out. *Been missing my batch backup :sweat:*
After trying all sort of recovery programs for the past 1 week (the rest either give me incorrect data/folder/filename), Restorer2000 managed to recover ALL my 100 gigs of data with correct folder structure and filename despite the damaged partition. Though I had been using OnTrack Recovery Software for years, this Restorer2000 program save my day :sweatsm:

Hope this software help those who lost their data. If you need assistance in data recovery, can PM me. Cheers~

Anyone have any other software to recommend, please contribute as well.

Restorer2000
http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.shtml

FREE
PC INSPECTOR™ smart recovery
http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

FREE
PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery 4.x
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

Disclaimer: I not working for them, just sharing some software that works in the event of hdd crash, etc
 

Mar 26, 2005
882
0
0
#4
Err how about the data in the memory card ? any software can recover ? :cry:
 

focusbug

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
16
0
0
#5
On Track's EasyRecovery very good in recovery lost data. Two days ago tried it on my Fuji xD taken with F11. Was amazed by its ability in locating the lost data and recover everthing sucessfully. It even show the original residing directory. Tried some other softwares but they can't see those picked up by EasyRecovery :thumbsup: .
 

Pinkishy

New Member
Dec 29, 2003
236
0
0
Singapore, Opera Estate
#6
if my laptop's harddisk can't be detected, (i have since replaced and kept the old harddisk).. how can i recover my data? :cry:
 

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#8
Pinkishy said:
if my laptop's harddisk can't be detected, (i have since replaced and kept the old harddisk).. how can i recover my data? :cry:

Try putting ur laptop hdd to an external storages device and connect it to PC or notebook to see whether it can be detected. :sweat:
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#9
ransoma22 said:
Try putting ur laptop hdd to an external storages device and connect it to PC or notebook to see whether it can be detected. :sweat:
Only feasible if the hardware itself has not malfunctioned, else more professional (no offence meant) help is needed to get back the data by the professionals.
 

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#10
espn said:
Only feasible if the hardware itself has not malfunctioned, else more professional (no offence meant) help is needed to get back the data by the professionals.
yup. This is the one and perhaps the last alternative if the data is very important. ;)
 

vaxvms

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2005
679
0
16
BEHIND YOU!!!!!!
#11
ransoma
mine abt same prblem as your
but mine was digital camera cannot read SD card data
it seem that camera read the first few pic than prompt ERROR in digi-cam
pluf SD card to lap-top but cannot detect SD card at all

any help to retrieve my 1 GB image taken oversea

thks:cry:
 

Mar 26, 2005
882
0
0
#12
ransoma22 said:
Have you tried the software i stated above ? PC inspector ? :)
not yet, Will try over the weekend. Thanks for the info
 

Pinkishy

New Member
Dec 29, 2003
236
0
0
Singapore, Opera Estate
#13
ransoma22 said:
yup. This is the one and perhaps the last alternative if the data is very important. ;)

Hi ransoma/espn/the rest, thanks for your replies..

the guy @ the shop has tried connection my HD to another device and it still isn't detectable... does it really mean its gone, gone gone??? :cry:

I know about the 'professional' option but i understand its going to cost me thousands? (heard i can get it done @ the science park or something.. ) :confused: i think they're going to laugh at me when they hear what is my definition of "important"

The importance is not placed career wise or in financial terms (thank goodness) .. but i would love to retrieve all my 20gig of data lost.. because.. though 'unimportant' in a way, it is rather 'important' to me..

I actually have a friend who is willing to try.. i'm just asking around for alternative opinions.. because if it's one try and that's it.. if it doesn't work its destroyed.. i want to see if there are other options.. (its like surgery!)
 

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#15
Pinkishy said:
Hi ransoma/espn/the rest, thanks for your replies..

the guy @ the shop has tried connection my HD to another device and it still isn't detectable... does it really mean its gone, gone gone??? :cry:

I know about the 'professional' option but i understand its going to cost me thousands? (heard i can get it done @ the science park or something.. ) :confused: i think they're going to laugh at me when they hear what is my definition of "important"

The importance is not placed career wise or in financial terms (thank goodness) .. but i would love to retrieve all my 20gig of data lost.. because.. though 'unimportant' in a way, it is rather 'important' to me..

I actually have a friend who is willing to try.. i'm just asking around for alternative opinions.. because if it's one try and that's it.. if it doesn't work its destroyed.. i want to see if there are other options.. (its like surgery!)
Geez..that sound bad. Few years back, i managed to change a PCB from my HDD and the hdd come to life. Not too sure if you RMA your HDD, the data will be gone forever. Perhaps you can try calling your HDD manufacturer to find out what the alternatives. these just a few options but does not guarantee it will works. :)
Can feel the agony and pain...i tried recovering my 100++ gigs of data for a week before it can recovered properly.. don't give up.... if really bad to certain extent.. guess you have to ren ming liao :sweatsm: Cheers...

:cheergal:
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#16
Pinkishy said:
talking about partitioning.. how many "partitions" can be performed before it is 'unsafe'?

Am i on the right frequency?
If I'm not wrong, you can only have a maximum of 4 partitions on a physical disk.
 

kenzi

New Member
Mar 25, 2005
544
0
0
#17
Well just a word of advice to all who want to recover their disks... kindly recover from a cloned disk as opposed to the original otherwise any writes to the original disk may destroy more than help.... Just my Lima Sen of thought.
 

Ola

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2005
820
0
0
Hougang
#18
Any hard disk can have only 4 partitions. The 4 partitions can consists of 4 primary or 3 primary and 1 extended or any combination as long as it does not exceed 4. Minimum you will need 1 primary partition. Within the extended partition, you can further divide it into any number of logical partitions. In practise, most will have only 1 primary and 1 extended partition.

For recovery of data from failed hard disk, you will need to determine if it is a electronic or mechanical failure. If it is electronic failure, you can simply replaced the PCB board with same PCB board from another working hard disk (can be done by end-user). You have to ensure the board revision is the same. As for mechanical failure, there is nothing end-user can do. Most hard disk manufacturer will not do data recovery for you so make sure you can afford to loss the data in the failed hard disk before you send for RMA.

Restorer2000 is a good data recovery program for PC. There are other that work even for RAID hard disk (http://www.runtime.org/). Do a google for "data recovery software" and find the one most suitable for your need.
 

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#19
kenzi said:
Well just a word of advice to all who want to recover their disks... kindly recover from a cloned disk as opposed to the original otherwise any writes to the original disk may destroy more than help.... Just my Lima Sen of thought.


Yupz. Recover your lost data to a secondary hdd than back to the original hdd. it might/will overwrite the data.

:)
 

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#20
Erm...how come the PC inspector website is down?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom