Recording Photoshop resize action

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuts

Jan 21, 2002
www.roving-light.com
Hi guys!
I wanna create an action to resize my pics to the longest side 600 pixels, ie. if image is 3072x2048, it will resize to 600x400 else if image is 2048x3072, it will resize to 400x600
I can create 2 actions, but how do I create one? ie. incorporate some logic in the action?
Thanks for any pointers! :)

Automate:Fit Image, and enter both as 600, this will work for both.

P.S. I'm available for professional consultation. :angel:

oeyvind said:
Automate:Fit Image, and enter both as 600, this will work for both.

P.S. I'm available for professional consultation. :angel:
Duh!
The times I click on Automate, the Fit Image is grey-ed out.. no prizes for guessing why. Duh!
Thanks! :)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I was wondering how long that would take to get a respond.

Nut...here is my "unprofessional" alternative tip. There is a way to get that done under one setting in PS. Don;t use the measurement in pixels. You have a problem here in image size and that is, Photoshop can not tell a Portrait from a landscape shot. So there is a work around.

Actually not sure why it grey out for you under automation that was advice by the other chap. That is the best way if you have pictures of varying sizes and not fixed like your example.

Do abit of calculation and trial and error. Select Percentage instead. Meaning...you try feeding in difference percentage of shrinkage and then take a measurement of the changed size. Do this till you get the the longest length (in both portrait and landscape) to be at 600 pixel in length. Once you got that percentage value down. Then you use that value to do a sample in reording mode for your batch ACTION and save that. Now...when it is set to batch process the same action...it does not matter if it is in portrait or landscape mode...it will always change it to 600 for the longest length. I have been doing this for yearsand thus it is past patent law so I let you have this tip for free heheh.....

Hope that solve your problem with this work around

Addition update:

I just used your measure of pixels for the longest length to do a percentage reduction. It is 19.54% So just place this figure into your longest length of height or width. in the Document Size and then you look up to the pixel dimension above in the Image Size window...your new size will be 600x400.

Thanks for sharing an alternative tip! :)
The reason my "Fit Image" was greyout out was because I was in Photoshop's File browser and no image was opened. Once my focus/selection is on an opened image, the "Fit Image" will be avail... :embrass:

sammy888 said:
Actually not sure why it grey out for you under automation that was advice by the other chap. That is the best way if you have pictures of varying sizes and not fixed like your example.

Status
Not open for further replies.