Reconditioning an old SLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchiew

Sep 18, 2009
Hi,

I dug up at home an old Pentax ME super along with a Sigma zoom k 3 lens.

Its in not very good condition but i was wondering if i could recondition it. and if possible, is it worth it? it still looks functionable to me.. mayb i shd take some shots n see the out come.. but i strongly suspect the lens are mouldy despite being kept in airtight box with silica gel.

but i strongly suspect the lens are mouldy despite being kept in airtight box with silica gel.

Unless you put in a hygrometer and kept an eye on it, this is NOT a recommended method.

Why don't you just look through the lenses to assess their condition. Shd give you a good idea if they're salvageable. Check the mechanicals - focus, zoom and iris (aperture) operation
From a purely financial standpoint, it's probably not worth spending too much fixing up a camera as old as this -- may be cheaper to buy a used one, if you can find it. If you like tinkering, it could be an interesting project to take on yourself ;p

i thanks for the replies..
It looks sharp thru the lens, but it has the "old school" look u know.. cos i think the cam is easily 20 yrs old..
and i dont know what to do with it. i am more into digital

Status
Not open for further replies.