Recommended shops for buying cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

kultchris

Jan 28, 2004
Just wondering .. more recommended shops like AP , MS color , John 3:16 , cathay . etc .. are they recommended cos of their more reasonable pricing or they they considered more trustworthy ? Cos i walked ard sim lim and asked for camera prices and it seems like some of the not so famous shops actually offer equal or better pricing .. also I was over at lucky plaza their pricing is almost the same .. so just wondering why certain shops r more popular even though their pricing is almost the same . Thanks :)

just called MS color while ago .. cos i saw someone with a thread saying tat MS color selling Canon Powershot SX100IS at 500 nett .. but they quote mi $520 (best price ) and AP at $530 .. the best price i got from the shop in town was abt $510 ..

i prefer to shop @ CP, convenient location plus they have most of the goods that i need. ;p

:) looking for a good price and trustworthy shop ..

Just wondering .. more recommended shops like AP , MS color , John 3:16 , cathay . etc .. are they recommended cos of their more reasonable pricing or they they considered more trustworthy ? Cos i walked ard sim lim and asked for camera prices and it seems like some of the not so famous shops actually offer equal or better pricing .. also I was over at lucky plaza their pricing is almost the same .. so just wondering why certain shops r more popular even though their pricing is almost the same . Thanks :)

Prices can be the same, heck they can even be cheaper. Then they tell you batteries, charger, cards, etc got to get separately. How?

if u think the price is okay for u, just buy it. need not to ask. recommended shop is for reference not a must to follow. there was a lot of thread discussed abt recommended shop. do some searching.

:) thanks

You should be looking at "not recomended" shop.

that might be quite sensitive. :bsmilie::bsmilie: it is more comfortable to recommend gd shops.

For recommended shops, I think mostly it's about their servicing attitude. Pricing wise maybe secondary since different customer would receive different quotes base on their relation with the shop owner or sales man.

For me, I regularly visit OP and I like their service and prices.

2 years ago I went to Sim Lim to ask for a camera price on 2nd level.

When I spoke in mandarin, the "Ya Ya" uncle asked me am I a Singaporean and why do I speak in Chinese when he knows English? The price he quoted was quite high and batteries was not included, so I decided to leave the shop.

On my way out, he cursed me in hokkien and asked me to live in China since I like to speak mandarin.

Well... This incident had left me a bad impression on the Camera Shops in SLS except OP where I got most of my equipment from filters to camera. :D

MS and CP had also left a very good impression and their prices were good. :D

thanks for the great advise ! maybe will go down to cp later ..

AP Sim Lim anyhow quote price one. Different sales have different prices. Quite confused and always packed with foreigners...

TK is a nice place, less packed and more exclusive feel.

MS Color is the fav neighbourhood camera shop. Pity I stay in west, need to travel quite far.

SLS works on higher commission... thus they will try and "cut-throat" if they can... i think if they are polite its still fine... but after they quote you a high price... and you walk away knowing what he had done... he curses u... thats really like the final straw...

Tourist coming here would think that this country is simply uncultured... and uneducated... :angry:

My suggestion is to never shop by price, but by the attitude of the staff there. John 3:16 at Funan and Cathay Photo has left a very good impression on me and I will be using their services again even though it might cost a bit more.

Samuel

AP Sim Lim anyhow quote price one. Different sales have different prices. Quite confused and always packed with foreigners...

TK is a nice place, less packed and more exclusive feel.

MS Color is the fav neighbourhood camera shop. Pity I stay in west, need to travel quite far.

J316 is better than MS in terms of Customer Service. J316 more polite and friendly, MS see customers..

My suggestion is to never shop by price, but by the attitude of the staff there. John 3:16 at Funan and Cathay Photo has left a very good impression on me and I will be using their services again even though it might cost a bit more.

Samuel

I have gd shopping experience @ CP. feels gd to shop there.

i really like the service at john 3:16 very good nice and polite gentlemans very willing to help u :D juz got my tripod from them and even my crumpler bag love their service:thumbsup:

i have NEVER bought any camera equiptment from SLS nor do I intend to.... just me......:dunno:

i really like the service at john 3:16 very good nice and polite gentlemans very willing to help u :D juz got my tripod from them and even my crumpler bag love their service:thumbsup:

OT abit, is their crumpler bag cheaper?

Will J316 give god bargin price?

Status
Not open for further replies.