Recommended shop to buy the Kenko closeup filter

valee

Mar 29, 2015
Singapore
Could anyone advise me the shop that I can buy the Kenko Pro1D closeup filter?

I did a search on forum but cannot find any shop.

Thanks in advance!

Could anyone advise me the shop that I can buy the Kenko Pro1D closeup filter?

I did a search on forum but cannot find any shop.

Thanks in advance!

Because you searched forum, not shops. Go TK Foto or Cathay and see.

Because you searched forum, not shops. Go TK Foto or Cathay and see.

Thank you for your advice. Walk in their shops today. They don't have the Pro1, only have the Hoya normal, MC, cheaper version.

Thanks. I visited almost those shops today. No shop has that kind of filter.

It seems that no one has interest in close-up filter now. :D

Thanks. I visited almost those shops today. No shop has that kind of filter.

It seems that no one has interest in close-up filter now. :D

If you are really keen to get one of these close up filters, can consider looking at raynox 250 or 150. I believe these are more popular than the ones you are looking for.

If you are really keen to get one of these close up filters, can consider looking at raynox 250 or 150. I believe these are more popular than the ones you are looking for.

Thanks very much for the advice of Raynox. The only drawback is that the Raynox 250/150 don't have the adapter to attach with 72mm diameter lens.

I saw the DCR-5320PRO on the Raynox website that comes with 72mm ring naturally. Where do you think I can buy that DCR-5320PRO?

Thanks very much for the advice of Raynox. The only drawback is that the Raynox 250/150 don't have the adapter to attach with 72mm diameter lens.

I saw the DCR-5320PRO on the Raynox website that comes with 72mm ring naturally. Where do you think I can buy that DCR-5320PRO?

The maximum the Raynox clip on adapter can fit is only up to 67mm... so in this case, I don't think it can fit your use. But you may want to consider doing some test to see stepping down to 67mm from 72mm will cause vignetting.

*The behaviour of the lenses will be different for each lens, If it's a zoom lens, there is a chance that the vignetting will not occur on the tele end*

The cost difference between the Raynox 250/150 vs the 5320 (~US$289??) is relatively huge (looking at some US website pricing.) Not too sure where you can get the 5320. But for that price, I think you can consider a 2nd hand macro lens like Tamron 90mm (Non VC) which may go around ~400?