Recommended places to shoot at Hanoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

n77d

Jun 19, 2004
Hi guys, any recommended places to shoot at Hanoi - Vietnam, like scenery..etc. Will be visiting there next week.

dun go for the pottery village,waste of time there..

2 days in Hanoi is about there..

plenty of street photography on their daily life in the old quarters.
HangBacstreetthumbnail.jpg

Coffee is POWER there ! Must try !

sometimes i feel it is better to go and just shoot based on your perspectives.
normally places where people recommend will become "another usual location shot" imo.

well anyway have fun in hanoi! post some photos then..

dominator said:
sometimes i feel it is better to go and just shoot based on your perspectives.
normally places where people recommend will become "another usual location shot" imo.

Well said

Street shooting in the old quarters.....enough to keep you real busy....shoot whatever you like......and when you get tired, sit by those road-side stalls, have a drink and continue shooting from your "parking lot"..... :bsmilie:

Perhaps you might want to book a tour out to Tam Coc and shoot some landscapes of rising limestones and rowing boats.It's just a day trip and provides a nice getaway from the hustle of hanoi itself. Along the way to Tam Coc, you will pass by padi fields.....nice views......but might not have the chance to de-bus to shoot unless you "brother brother" with the driver or tour guide lah....... :bsmilie:

Happy shooting !!! ;)

And one last very important thing.......the coffee is DAMN POWER !!! :thumbsup:

Heard abt the coffee also...will definately try, I LOVE Coffee...heehee. You guys went to Halong Bay before? Seem like a nice place to take picture of scenery.

Hi..I am here in Hanoi now. Its very hot. Bring minimal gear. Trust that you wont want to bring your stuff all along the streets of hanoi.

The street life is nice to shoot but if you can plan for side tours to halong bay , sapa, that would be great...

Halong Bay is good for a 1 nite stay.

i opted for the 3 day 2 nite package when i was there and TOTALLY REGTRETTED IT !!

It's a Dead town at nite with practically nothing to do..

1st stop there is usually the SURPRISING Cave..haha..

one more thing..

dun get the Boat stay!!

~!@#$R%^&

stay in the hotel.

Can bring back some highland coffee powder ?? :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

dear all, sorry. can i side track a bit here??

juz wanna ask how u all feel abt the issue of bird flu in vietnam? for a long time i was having this gung ho attitude abt not being afraid. but i read in the papers recently abt how WHO mentioned that a bird flu is due every 27 years. the last time vietnam caught one was 37 years ago. therefore, according to WHO, this flu bug is long overdue and can happen anytime from now.

i'm thinking of going there for a holiday cum photoshoot in july.....

The chance of u getting it is much smaller than in a car accident or plane crash.
Pray that your plane is safe 1st.

iamasaint said:
Hi..I am here in Hanoi now. Its very hot. Bring minimal gear. Trust that you wont want to bring your stuff all along the streets of hanoi.

The street life is nice to shoot but if you can plan for side tours to halong bay , sapa, that would be great...

Seem like there's a lot of street life to shoot ;p I will visit Halong but not sapa as I will be going for 4D only. :( .And sorry a bit OT but what kind of adapter to use there?

Anyone's in Hanoi - Contact me 0904 222 107, I'm local then I would take you go ... 2 guys from ClubSnap were with me few weeks ago and it seemed they were happy ... :thumbsup:

Amico-mio said:
Anyone's in Hanoi - Contact me 0904 222 107, I'm local then I would take you go ... 2 guys from ClubSnap were with me few weeks ago and it seemed they were happy ... :thumbsup:

Hey, I'll be there in another 3 weeks, will definitely contact you if you are still in Hanoi. Will be there for 1 week. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.