Recommended places to calibrate lens

Exhaust

Dec 11, 2010
Hi all, i suspect there is something wrong with my lens. Its a 2nd hand Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 lens (the older version). I was thinking could it be that i did not do a calibration with my DSLR that's why the pictures turned out to be pretty OOF despite me taking a picture in a bright sunny outdoor area and using F11 ISO100.

And recommendations for where i can go and do my lens calibration that is both reliable and cost effective?

Erm your lens is a sigma so sigma service center...?

Don't think there is such a thing as lens and camera calibration. OOF could also be due to camera shake or focus point not on subject. Take a landscape (wide angle) pic on F16 or smaller with camera on tripod and fire on remote. If the result is OOF, there is likely a problem with your lens. With the same setting, take pic on manual focus. If the result is good, it confirms the lens focussing problem.

kkgoxplore said:
Don't think there is such a thing as lens and camera calibration. OOF could also be due to camera shake or focus point not on subject. Take a landscape (wide angle) pic on F16 or smaller with camera on tripod and fire on remote. If the result is OOF, there is likely a problem with your lens. With the same setting, take pic on manual focus. If the result is good, it confirms the lens focussing problem.

In calibration, you calibrate the lens to the camera so i think that's what TS meant. TS claims that he took the picture at F11 hence it can't be camera shake. Wrong focus point is a possibility.

kkgoxplore said:

Front and back focusing issues are common with sigma lenses as well. Just FYI. ;)

Front and back focusing issues are common with sigma lenses as well. Just FYI. ;)

But I think it's possible to ask for an exchange (within 7 days) if such issues happens... (I think so lar..)

SkyStrike said:
But I think it's possible to ask for an exchange (within 7 days) if such issues happens... (I think so lar..)

TS one is not brand new so no you can't do an exchange.

thx guys I just saw in another thread that it could be the printer at the Photoshop who is using some kinda auto ICC settings which overrides my DI. possible factor.