Recommended Photoshop Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkavgr

Jul 14, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Can anybody recommend some "How to" Photoshop books to
a total newbie? esp those geared towards touching up, enhancing, creative stuff for photos

Thanks

You can try the following:

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Photographers by Martin Evening

The Photoshop book for Digital Photographers by Steve Kelby

Photoshop Restoration and Retouching by Katrin Eismann

Sorry that should be Scott Kelby NOT Steve

The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby is an excellent book.

Think he gives a lot of ideas esp for digital photographs, repairing, enhancing etc.

Good buy. You can get it at Borders but its a bit pricey. Alternatively you can try acmabooks.com.

just curious, what's the price @ Borders? Thanks!

coke21 said:
The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby is an excellent book.

Good buy. You can get it at Borders but its a bit pricey. Alternatively you can try acmabooks.com.

One book I REALLY like is the Photophop 7 Down & Dirty Tricks by... again yours truly Scott Kelby.

I own a few titles written by him, and basically anything about PS that's written by him is a safe bet. Just depending on your needs.

The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby is a good book. Available at Funan bookshop for $50.

AJ23 said:
just curious, what's the price @ Borders? Thanks!

I paid quite a bit for it. Think it was like $80. You can get it from acmabooks for ard 60 plus. Whatever the case, its a good book.

The down and dirty trick books is an okay book according to a friend. Not too fabulous. Scott Kelby has written a couple of books. Maybe you can take a look at which ones fit your needs. He wrote one for Photo Elemets also.

You can check them out at Borders. They have a pretty wide selection.

bravocube said:
The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby is a good book. Available at Funan bookshop for $50.

Funan bookshop should be at funan right?
Unlike the sembawang book store which is in AMK.

Which part of Funan?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone know how much are these books at Borders ?
I think Borders generally more ex.
Are they cheaper at Funan ?

You can try Basheer at Bras Besah. Quite a good selection of digital imaging and art books too.

darkavgr said:
Anyone know how much are these books at Borders ?
I think Borders generally more ex.
Are they cheaper at Funan ?

Suggest you try somewhere else. Borders quite expensive. Try acmabook.com?

xplorer2 said:
You can try the following:

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Photographers by Martin Evening

The Photoshop book for Digital Photographers by Steve Kelby

Photoshop Restoration and Retouching by Katrin Eismann

The Photoshop book for Digital Photographers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have it too. :D

BTW, my school bookshop happens to sell digital imaging books too (I bought mine there). Seems a few dollars cheaper. If you all want I can help you ask or buy.

hi,

i may be keen. can ask how abt the price? where u stay?

thanks a lot

cheers

chyeo said:
BTW, my school bookshop happens to sell digital imaging books too (I bought mine there). Seems a few dollars cheaper. If you all want I can help you ask or buy.

if you havent bought the books yet, i suggest you give kinokuniya and borders a call to compare the price, i reserved and picked up the two books from different places

or look under amazon, used and new, the price is very reasonable alot cheaper than Singapore if you are more patient than me, you could order from there, i have a U.S. address that could forward parcels to Singapore using DHL, it should only take about 1.5 weeks to arrive. (the DHL cost should be around USD5-USD10) if you would like me to help, just let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-3142161-4739321

Status
Not open for further replies.