Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
wanna buy one.

budget $200.
at least 256mb.
sound quality must be gd, no need excellent.
any brand will do as long as it meets the above requirements.

prefer first hand. Anyway is there any forum for mp3 players interest gps?

tks!

why not consider those CD mp3 discman?

West_ray said:
wanna buy one.

budget $200.
at least 256mb.
sound quality must be gd, no need excellent.
any brand will do as long as it meets the above requirements.

prefer first hand. Anyway is there any forum for mp3 players interest gps?

tks!
512MB iPod Shuffle. Nuff said.

http://www.apple.com.sg/store

Agreed with jsbn...Shuffle is the best choice now unless u really need FM & LCD...

ipod shuffle or MuVo TX

i feel that Ipod shuffle is stupid. You put in 512mb or 1Gb worth of MP3 into it, then, how you select a particular song without LCD?

save more money get an Ipod better :lovegrin:

hey guys, i was also thinking of getting the shuffle, well ... no FM radio, no LCD doesnt really a concern to me ...

will continue my research on this .

tks!

BTW, is there an IT show coming in March, will it be a gd time to buy mp3 players?

mp3-cd is obsolete already. best is to get those thumbdrive-cum-mp3 player. only drawback is the size will be a bit bigger , and battery life may be a bit shorter

popeye said:
i feel that Ipod shuffle is stupid. You put in 512mb or 1Gb worth of MP3 into it, then, how you select a particular song without LCD?
At least its better den squinting at the pathetic 1-line, dim, small LCD screen to SELECT your songs right? ;)

West_Ray, u might wanna wait for the IT Show in March or June to get ur iPod Shuffle, they might throw in a few goodies. Or if u want a slightly cheaper price (minus all those nick-nacks and frills), check out SGL Marketing at Sim Lim Square. It is located at the 2nd level, beside the overhead bridge linking OG and Sim Lim.

They shld be open on Monday. Check 'em out. :)

is there any mp3 player that uses CF card and runs on AA batts?

popeye said:

have u actually used an iPod shuffle b4?

the whole idea (some say mkting idea) behind the LCD-less shuffle is dat u load the songs and leave it to the shuffle to decide wats next. personally, i dun mind. even with my ex-muvo2, i leave in on shuffle mode, dump the player in my bag and just listen to watever song the player decides. dats why i love the shuffle, becos it does wats it suppose to do and do it well.

west_ray - can wait lah. next mth's sitex shld have offers for mp3 players. most probably bundle with goodies some more. based on ur budget, either the shuffle or brands like i-river shld fit ur budget. flash-based players are quite cheap nowadays, compared to products like the zen or ipod. ;)

Sorry all,

I just find the shuffle really a bit bull ****. I mean whats the point if you cannot choose the songs you want to listen. Then whats the difference to a radio except that the songs are what you had uploaded. To me, the point of having an MP3 player is to be able to listen to whatever songs I choose at any point of time and not let it shuffle and decide for me.

I am using a Creative Zen Touch now. Wonderful product. Able to play mp3 and WMA format. Can put a few thousand songs inside. Can use as thumb drive also. Got 5 MB space. Got FM and recording. Can choose songs using titles or singer or album. Easy to use.

A cheaper alternative would be Creative Muvo FM. Sorry prefer Creative products than ipod. More functions, more flexibility and cheaper. ipod is more of a brand product. Can only play mp3 and not other formats.

Just my view. You can try to go hardwarezone.com and search for a good deal. I got a brand new Zen Touch there at $380 2 months ago. Good deal.

:thumbsup:

Get the iRiver H10. You can take a look at it at Cathay Photo.

popeye said:

the idea is that its meant for the user to cruise thru 1 gig worth of music non-stop :cool: ..so if u r the monemt-dpendent song-selective type of listener, u should go for a player with less capacity so that u dne have to select thru the 1 gig maze of songs

icer said:
A cheaper alternative would be Creative Muvo FM. Sorry prefer Creative products than ipod. More functions, more flexibility and cheaper. ipod is more of a brand product. Can only play mp3 and not other formats.

the only thing lacking in some of the newer muvo is they dont have "hold" button :( ..otherwise the weight, price and form-factor all very funky :D

user111 said:
the only thing lacking in some of the newer muvo is they dont have "hold" button :( ..otherwise the weight, price and form-factor all very funky :D

Wat is the "hold" button for? You mean "pause"?

lock button.

to prevent un-intended pressing of other buttons

pause is usually together with the play button

Status
Not open for further replies.