Recommended Lens for Dinner and ceremony

wm910

Oct 20, 2010
Hi i am checking if i wish to take photos for indoor ceremony and dinner event with good lightings would a FE 28mm or the 85mm for this event or use both? There will be alot human traffic that day.

Thanks

of course, you want to get both...or just a more versatile zoom lens.

I think a 24-70 mm F2.8 and a 70-200mm lens would give you the most flexibililty for event photography. If you don't have either, you need a wide-angle prime lens like the 28 mm for group photos at the table, a short telephoto like the 85 mm for head-shoulders portrait or small group shots. Depending on the crowd the 85 mm will force you stand further and people may get in your way of your shot. Also, having prime lens only, will require you to switch lenses more frequently and you may miss an important shot if you do not plan properly.

Go rent the FE24-105f4 if you do not own one. Will take care of 90% of the shots especially group shots. Use flash at least for fill. High iso should not be much of a problem for Sony sensors, especially FF.

Important n always the most of it are that person behind a recording device say it all .Be creative .

usually carry 2 bodies, 1 for wide and 1 for zoom