Recommended lens for D7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnnut

Mar 7, 2011
Hi people!
I have used my Nikon D7000 for quite some time now. For various freelance photography job whereby the 18-105mm kit lens will do the job.
I also have a 50/1.8 as i know it's an amazing lens at an affordable price.

However, recently i'm starting to have more and more portraits, events jobs waiting for me.
I have being trying to survive all this by my 50mm and the photos turned out pretty well. But i know i can do so much better with a better lens.

I look through google and was told that 24-70/F.2.8 is a spectacular lens able to handle any situation. I also like the fact that it has a wide aperture throughout for bokeh effects.

However, the price is what keeping me away from this great lens.
I would like to ask the people here, if there's any lens, that's capable of:
- zoom range that is able to handlle different situations during events.
- wide aperture throughout
- available in market easily
-pricing at 300-400 only.
-sharp and fast focus.

If there's any lens that are like this available in the market now (i don't even mind 3rd party as long as it's good) PLEASE do recommend it to me.
Thank you!

take a look at tamron 28-75 =). if not tamron 24-70. if not nikon 28-70

those are really good ranges. But is it wide aperture throughout and the price?

a simple search also so difficult????

alright let me just spoon feed you, yes ALL 2.8 and its fix aperture, and the only 1 that fit ur budget is only 2nd hand tamron 28-70

tamron 24-70 15xx-16xx

nikon 28-70 2nd hand 1xxx (depend on your luck)

and r u sure you can do better with a better lens? lol

Last edited:
a simple search also so difficult????

alright let me just spoon feed you, yes ALL 2.8 and its fix aperture, and the only 1 that fit ur budget is only 2nd hand tamron 28-70

tamron 24-70 15xx-16xx

nikon 28-70 2nd hand 1xxx (depend on your luck)

and r u sure you can do better with a better lens? lol

chill bro. i thought people here are friendly.
Thanks for the info.
And yes, I can do much better. :)

and come on, if you are really doing event (paid job) you should invest on a 14-24, 24-70 and 70-200 and all is constant aperture, eg 2.8 all the way or 5.6 all the way or or or or and like this you can do soooooooo much better

Last edited:

What do you mean by wide aperture? The mentioned lenses are of constant aperture of f2.8, you could also check up the Sigma's 24-70 f2.8 too... I believe the Sigma's is in the range of 7xx to 9xx, the new Tamron 24-70f2.8 VC is around 1++k. For latest price, it would be better if you could call up the shops to ask.

chill bro. i thought people here are friendly.
Thanks for the info.
And yes, I can do much better. :)

lol, no wonder im doing much better using a 24-70 =), yay!!!

lol, no wonder im doing much better using a 24-70 =), yay!!!

Sorry that i'm not as rich as you... yeah. but thanks anw. Really appreciated that you tried to help.

What do you mean by wide aperture? The mentioned lenses are of constant aperture of f2.8, you could also check up the Sigma's 24-70 f2.8 too... I believe the Sigma's is in the range of 7xx to 9xx, the new Tamron 24-70f2.8 VC is around 1++k. For latest price, it would be better if you could call up the shops to ask.

ok sure, thank you!

Sorry that i'm not as rich as you... yeah. but thanks anw. Really appreciated that you tried to help.

rich? nah I'm not, Just want to do my best so I get the "best" lens

ok sure, thank you!

No worries bro. Happy to help. Actually you should also look at 24-120mm f4. That would give you pretty much the entire range you would need for your portrait needs...

for budget of $300 to $400, IMO better stick with your current set up, and keep on saving.

FYI, when I shooting events with DX body, I use 17-55f2.8, the only thing I'm not happy about this lens is I didn't get it from day 1, wasting my time and money looking for other alternative.

On a apsc crop camera a 24-70 range lens will not give you much "wideness", especially for events. Why dont you look at used copies of tamron 17-50/2.8?

For fullframe event shooters, the 24-70 range makes more sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.