Recommended lens for D700

kktpesb

Dec 17, 2009
Hi. I would like to know what's the best lens combination for a Nikon D700. I'm mainly into landscape, streets n events photography. Can anyone please share? Thanks!

kktpesb said:
Hi. I would like to know what's the best lens combination for a Nikon D700. I'm mainly into landscape, streets n events photography. Can anyone please share? Thanks!

Nikon 24mm-70mm lens, wide enough for landscape and excellent for all around usage.

Yes Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. Get that and never look back :)

thanks for the replies.

Was thinking of getting 24-70mm f/2.8 also. but price is very steep. So i was thinking if I am able to get 2 lens with that price. Any comments?

Thanks

Maybe 16-35VR and Tamron 28-75/2.8?
:dunno:

It's your choice, really...

N24-70mm f2.8 definitely.... Get a 2nd hand one also not too bad.

How's e review on Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8? Anyone has any idea?

N if I get e 24-70mm f/2.8, do u think a 50mm f/1.4 is still neccessary?

Thanks!

a prime for low light would always be appreciated. i've seen the 24-70 myself and all praise on it. it's a wonderful piece of equipment. ultimately, if u can make do with ur zoom lens for portrait, why not?

sorry but i can't give comments on the tamron 28-75.

Thanks for quick reply.

I know that e 24-70mm is very good. Just wondering if there are better lens combination i can get for the same price, instead of just getting one 24-70mm.

There's a Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 too. Anyone has any reviews on it?

Thanks!

Get it....! No regret. One of the best walk-about len to me.

I would advise u to rent it out first and try. No doubt its a piece of good glass, but personally i couldnt convince myself to part w that kind of money. Of course if u can well afford it, go ahead and get it, its one of the best out there.

getting a full frame camera and not using the best lenses available, you are not unleash the full potential of such combination.

Best combo will be:

D700 + 14-24/2.8 + 24-70/2.8 + 85/1.4 + 35/1.4 ;)

Hmm.. most probably getting a 24-70mm I guess. I've tried it before but D700 + battery grip + 24-70mm is kinda heavy. Haha.

I've not tried getting any 2nd-hand lens before. Can anyone tell me what to look out for? Is it risky getting a lens without warranty or one that's 2 years old?

Thanks!

If I'm not wrong, there are quite limited lens for full frames right?

Why would you say that?
Between Nikkor lenses and the (up and coming) 3rd party brands, you shouldn't be left wanting.
From ultra wides to really fast primes to extreme telephoto, all also have ;p
only whether your budget can tahan or not... hehehehe

Never settle, save until you can afford to get the you want. It took me almost 2 years.

In fact, the current Nikon lenses for full frame are more than enough for all situations. Which one do you think is missing?

TS has not really mentioned a specific budget, am I right?
Is it in the region of 2.5-3K? Hence the choice of 24-70/2.8 Nikkor?

Budget is around 2.5k. so will only be able to get a 24-70mm.

Other e other hand, if I get a 50mm f/1.4 n one other lens. what is e best choice for the other lens, apart from the 50mm f/1.4?

Thanks!