Recommended Hotel for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackoyacky

Nov 30, 2005
Hi guys!

Do you have any recommendation for a hotel wherein we could spend our dinner? I'm not a sweet kind of person so it is very rare that I would invite her for a special dinner. Right now I'm eyeing for the Meritus Mandarin Hotel Revolving restaurant(http://www.mandarin-singapore.com/dining/top_of_the_m.htm). BTW how much does this kind of dining cost? hehehehe

Thanks,
Enzo

Why don't u try a nice resturant, rather than a hotel?

Hi guys!

Do you have any recommendation for a hotel wherein we could spend our dinner? I'm not a sweet kind of person so it is very rare that I would invite her for a special dinner. Right now I'm eyeing for the Meritus Mandarin Hotel Revolving restaurant(http://www.mandarin-singapore.com/dining/top_of_the_m.htm). BTW how much does this kind of dining cost? hehehehe

Thanks,
Enzo

Food there sucks...

I recommend Amici in Holland Village.

my colleague was telling how yummy is the buffet at previous Holiday Inn (opp. Hyatt).

I chose a hotel well because it is somethin new for us, we don't usually dine in a hotel hehehe.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the food there. May be I'll try to check RAshkae ang lotusfairy.

But it kinda interest me because it's revolving hehehehe

What's your budget?

Hi guys!

Thanks,
Enzo

Budget at least $300. Bring $600 just to be safe. That is without the wine or liquor.
Whatever it is, don't tolerate any smirky behavior or snobbish put downs by waiters/ waitresses from uppity hotel restaurants.

Have eaten at this place you said but the food is not especially great.

Do not know if you want buffet or ala carte.

Hi guys!

Thanks,
Enzo
went there few months back, standard drop beyond recognition but price up & up ...the staff used to be very discreet.. organising those couples that wanted to enjoy their candle-light dinner away from those loud & noisy group ... but saddly not the case now ..
Don't think they serve buffet during dinner ... but food is just "so-so" for the price, ... believe there are two set dinner (for 2) @ $100 - abt $300 ...
But if you want candle light dinner in a revolving restaurant .. this is the only one ..

Hi guys!

Thanks,
Enzo
was there few months back .. standard drop beyond recognation ..but price is up & up .. they used to put couples who want to enjoy a quite candle light dinner away from noisy group but seems not the case now (even the restaurant is not full).. food is just "so-so" for the price .. don't think they serve buffet during dinner .. I think there are 2 set dinner for 2 price close to $100 & abt $200 pp. otherwise, starter + main + dessert (+++) could easily $200 each ..
But if you want revolving restaurant + candle light dinner .. that is the only place ..
ps... some ladies complaint about giddiness from the revolving ....(good or bad ;) )

enjoy!

If you want, go to Jaan's for dinner.

Top floor at Swissotel Stanford.

That would be about $300 without any wine. Should be a 3 to 4 course dinner.

If you want, go to Jaan's for dinner.

Top floor at Swissotel Stanford.

That would be about $300 without any wine. Should be a 3 to 4 course dinner.

Borrow a "feed at Raffles" card! 50% off!!
but I heard Jaan's not that good oso. :think:

Waaa too bad every recommendation has also it's downside :(

May be the price is fair enough since it is not very often that we eat at that kind of place. Though as many have said, I think the food should be justifiable with the amount it has.

So far suggestions as an alternative to Mandarin's Revolving Restaurant are:
- Jaan
- Amici
- one suggested by lotus fairy

@ricohflex
what ala carte or buffet do you recommend

@klose
I don't really have idea for how much really for this kind of dining, but since there were already some inputs I guess $200 per head is enough already it would be very expensive beyond that :D (I never thought that it was that so expensive hehehehe). Luckily we don't like drinking wine, I would prefer tequila or beer hahahahaha.

Thanks for the inputs keep em comin!

@ricohflex
what ala carte or buffet do you recommend

Thanks for the inputs keep em comin!

Try Pontini at Copthorne near Singapore River.
Italian food.
Price is OK.
Got ambience.
Got a group of 4 musicians who will play violin etc... at your table.
Tip them a bit.
The lady may like it.
They got a wine room. You can choose.
The chef was nice (now got new one). He will entertain and make to order whatever pizza you like. Of course got other Italian dishes.
Can try their appetisers. Dunno what fancy name they got-- antipasti or whatever.
After that you can pop nearby to Zouk.

Pontini is good. i like it too. You may want to try Capers at the Regent too. Ate there some time back and quite like it.

It all depends on you want it to be a western dinner or a chinese dinner.

If you want something special, can try sky dining. I think is $168 nett /couple.

can consider the line

Hi! You might want to check out this website <http://www.blurbme.com/ui/lifestyle/lifestyle.php?&le_type=1>.

Looking at the left column, you could choose your cuisine of interest, under "by category" (french, international, etc.) or "by feature" (buffet, fine dining, etc.) or "by price".

Check out the food reviews and the given ratings for the restaurants. I hope this helps cos' it works for me. :)

For japanese, I like Keyaki in Pan Pacific hotel.
Never been to a dinner there, but the saturday's buffet lunch was heavenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.