Recommended best place to get Canon S3IS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewemi

Feb 4, 2006
Bedok

Hi guys, my S2 just got stolen last week, and I've been itching to get an S3 for my projects/events coming up soon.

Anyone has any good places to recommend on best prices / good deals for this camera?

I checked out these 2 places at Vivocity yesterday:
Best Denki - $799, Free 512 SD, Rechgable Batts
Challenger - $799 + Negotiable, Free 512 SD, Casing, Cleaning Kit, Tripod

Will the offers at Funan Ctr / Sim Lim be better?

Pls help! Thankssss;)

I Called them both today...

AP: $710 w/GST (512MB SD + AA Rech Batt)
MS: $730 w/GST (512MB SD + GP AA Rech Batt)

Anyone knows of cheaper/better deals?

u can try cathay photo or LORD's too... otherwise, you could also try the buy n sell section for second hand ones...

Ok here's the final showdown:

AP: $710 (512SD + GP AA Rech Batts)
MS: $730 (512SD + AA Rech Batts)
CP: $740 (512SD + AA Rech Batts)
LORD's: $735 (512SD + AA Rech Batts)

no other free gifts leh. bzzzt.:bheart:

Try John 3:16?

Hi,

If you dun mind waiting, there is a coming PC show end of the month. Maybe got more freebies.........

actually you go down better...cause over the phone the prices are higher...thats what i learn...

Bro.. I've juz got my S3 less than 3 days ago.. I went to MS color le.. They quote me $705 which comes wif 512mb card, 4 X re-chargeable batt plus free charger for the batt... but th e free gift muz collect from canon @ harbourfront.. I think they are selling at quite a reasonable price with excellence service.. Many of the CS users buy from there too if I'm nt wrong...;p

OK Finally got my S3...

Alan Photo:

$710 w/gst & Free 4 gp rechgble batts, Upgrded to 1gb SD Crd (+15bucks) + digital camera kit (+$30).

Good for you! :thumbsup: Enjoy your new toy! :D

The guy there was trying to sell me the Lens Adapter Hood Set LAH DC20 for $50, cos he said that this item probably might not be made anymore in future, and is essential if i wanna add wide angle / telephoto lenses.

he also mentioned wide angle lens = macro lens.... true/not true?

yea... it sounded abit weird to me.

I'm a fan of macro photography, and i know the camera on its own has limited macro ability. I seem to have problems focusing/getting a sharp image when i put it to super macro mode...

Am I doing anything wrong?

WoW my fren... Seems like the shop is charging pretty high man... I've mine at S$705 w/gst and my canon digital bag at S$19. (free gifts inclu 512mb card and 4 X GP 2100 re-chargable batts and the charger)

OK Finally got my S3...

Alan Photo:

$710 w/gst & Free 4 gp rechgble batts, Upgrded to 1gb SD Crd (+15bucks) + digital camera kit (+$30).

WoW my fren... Seems like the shop is charging pretty high man... I've mine at S$705 w/gst and my canon digital bag at S$19. (free gifts inclu 512mb card and 4 X GP 2100 re-chargable batts and the charger)

Where u bought from?

aiya is the matter of luck lah. abit diff onli does not matter. i got mine at 700 nett with 512 card, gp batteries w/charger and digital cleaning kit. guess where? song brother...

Status
Not open for further replies.