Guys

Can anyone recommend me a backpack for: -

1) Canon 450D body
2) 17-50f2.8
3) 580EX II flash
4) 50 f1.4
5) Laptop 13.3"
6) Possibility of tripod

I prefer a light backpack. I wonder whether quick access is recommended? There are some who recommend against quick access

Kata 467i, vanguard uprise series, kata is lighter. Prefer these 2 brands as they dun shout "photography-bag" Tk Foto has a good range of both brands. K13 at peninsula has quite good variety of bags as well. Happy searching!

Guys

1) Canon 450D body
2) 17-50f2.8
3) 580EX II flash
4) 50 f1.4
5) Laptop 13.3"
6) Possibility of tripod

I prefer a light backpack. I wonder whether quick access is recommended? There are some who recommend against quick access

Kata backpack , can go tk photo to check it out

Thanks guys

What about lowepro fastback 250 and tamrac 3385?

Thanks guys

What about lowepro fastback 250 and tamrac 3385?

the compartment is not so easily accessible.. but best is you take note of all the model no.
Go down take a look for yourself to see which bag is suitable for you. I will recommend KATA bag.

another bag you might wan to take note is 3N1+33. It also has laptop bag compartment. :angel::devil:

You may also consider ThinkTank streetwalker. You can find it in TK foto too if you are going there to view the Kata. :)

Kata 467i, vanguard uprise series, kata is lighter. Prefer these 2 brands as they dun shout "photography-bag" Tk Foto has a good range of both brands. K13 at peninsula has quite good variety of bags as well. Happy searching!

Second that, even though I like kata like weight, I still chose vanguard due to it's padding and comfy.

Among uprise 46 and 48 I go for 48 due to more rooms for equipment and it's different by $10 bucks only. Can drop by k-13 and look for Tony, very nice gentlemen that offer lots of advice for other backpack available. Just tell u what ur equipments are and your comfortable price range. He will try his best to help u.

Alternatively you can try Cathay photo/TK foto etc...

Happy hunting.

Last edited:
Great~!! i was looking at backpacks at Orient photo today too..

Is this all you wanna carry or the list will increase? Look at LowePro Computrekker series as well..

Guys

1) Canon 450D body
2) 17-50f2.8
3) 580EX II flash
4) 50 f1.4
5) Laptop 13.3"
6) Possibility of tripod

Vanguard Uprise 46.The Lowepro Fastpack series does not have a tripod holder...

How about a Think Tank Street Walker ?

If i'm not wrong,this one cannot fit a laptop.But the streetwalker harddrive can...

yap the streetwalker series.. looks very solid..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. Is the vanguard lasting? I didn't really see this brand a lot in shops. Taiwan Brand I presume?

I would recommend the fastpack 250. For one it has quick access, and the space is more than enough for the gear you just mentioned. Plus points include a well thought out design, comfortable carrying, laptop compartment, and to me the deal breaker is it has a compartment to put random stuff in it. So for example if Im going hiking, I can put in my whole SLR kit with 2 or 3 primes, and still have room to put in a change of clothes and a jacket. Perfect!

i agree with serial_lain, i'm also using fastpack 250.
this is a great bag and really did surprise me with the amount of gear i could stick in it.

the side-loading camera access was great! i love not having to open up the entire bag to get to my camera.
there are even two camera memory card pockets in the side entry flap for easy retrieval during shooting.

the storage compartment is a side-loading laptop storage sleeve with room enough for a 15.4″ laptop.
this is in the back of the pack and rests against your back while the pack is worn.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I did some research after all e recommendation. Lowepro fastpack 250 seems the most compact in size but it doesn't seems to fit a tripod. Vanguard uprise 46 and 48 seems great but is slightly bulkier and heavier. Kata 466, 467 seems to be the old model since kata will be launching new series. Kata bags are the lightest

Tamrac is more fashionable compared to lowepro

What you like I might not like.

So I recommend you bring all your gear along and shop for a bag. Do some homework first, because there's a bag for so many different tastes and likes.

Like buying underwear, I may like G-string, but you may not ...

So check out the consumers corner for shops that most members can attest to.

Cheers!