Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obfuscation

Jan 22, 2010
Okay i've decided to pursue an interest in photography and have decided to get myself an entry-level DSLR camera. Any recommendations around 500-600? I don't mind second hand.

500-600, even for second hand i think u need around 700. try taking up canon 1000D, 400-500D for entry lvl, nikon D60 can be a good choice too :)

Oh if its worth saving the extra hundred i don't mind. Any other particular brands/models i should look out for?

Welcome to CS :) Look around & you might find one that fits your bill ;)

There are lots of bargains in the B&S section. I always point my friends to there if they're looking to get into photography.

There are 6 megapixel cameras that costs around 300 bucks and additional 50 for kit lens in the BNS...
Its old really, but it's a good start as it features the basic functions you need in Photography.
If budget really lower than this you might opt with film cameras, can go lower than 100 for the body. :)

Oh if its worth saving the extra hundred i don't mind. Any other particular brands/models i should look out for?

Brand new Sony A230 is about 620. Second-hand A200/300/350 cameras will easily be in your budget too.

Yeah i was looking at the Sony A230 but i've been looking around the forums, people have been saying to save up for the A330 cause of the live view or something? Is that something i really need? If not i'll go for the A230. What is RRP btw?

The main difference between the A230 and 330 is the live view. Live view is like using a compact camera where you compose your pictures using the LCD screen. For the A230 there is no live view option and you have to look into the viewfinder to compose your pictures.

If live view is important to you, then you may want to consider the other models which bro Rashkae has mentioned.

Oh alright i guess i don't mind. Thank you for answering my questions. Hope to get my camera soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.