Recommendations?

paperrockstar

Mar 11, 2010
Singapore!
Hi guys.

I would like to seek your opinions on certain cameras! Im currently looking at Olympus EP3 because it seems much more portable than my current Canon 500d. But then again, the price seems to be a little on the higher side for now, and also Leica M8. I would appreciate if you guys could just throw me some suggestions for a good camera!

I intend to use this camera for leisure, nothing serious or professional, and would prefer if it is good enough for travelling/outdoor pictures. I really like how the pictures came out with the Leica and EP3, but a Leica is definitely way off budget. Also the multiple filters in EP3 makes the camera a much more interesting gadget to play around. I wouldn't really want to get another DSLR (except this EP3 which is not exactly like a DSLR) because I would like to bring it around with me. So I'm thinking, maybe a semi pro/rangefinder/compact? :bigeyes:

Budget: $600 +/-
Preferences: Clarity, Point and Shoot/Speed, Portability, Filters (optional), Leisure
Format: semi pro/rangefinder/compact

Many thanks in advance! :sweat:

Sounds like you need a point and shoot maybe. An S100?

Hi guys.

I would like to seek your opinions on certain cameras! Im currently looking at Olympus EP3 because it seems much more portable than my current Canon 500d. But then again, the price seems to be a little on the higher side for now, and also Leica M8. I would appreciate if you guys could just throw me some suggestions for a good camera!

I intend to use this camera for leisure, nothing serious or professional, and would prefer if it is good enough for travelling/outdoor pictures. I really like how the pictures came out with the Leica and EP3, but a Leica is definitely way off budget. Also the multiple filters in EP3 makes the camera a much more interesting gadget to play around. I wouldn't really want to get another DSLR (except this EP3 which is not exactly like a DSLR) because I would like to bring it around with me. So I'm thinking, maybe a semi pro/rangefinder/compact? :bigeyes:

Preferences: Clarity, Point and Shoot/Speed, Portability, Filters (optional), Leisure

S$600 budget?

Semi pro - Out of the question.
rangefinder - maybe - those old film type if you can still find
compact - LX3/ LX5, XZ-1, S95 (all of them second hand)
budget mirrorless - GH2 (if TK's promotion still on, you can get one for S$599)

Hi guys.

Canon S100. Small and good enough.

TWmilkteaTW said:
Canon S100. Small and good enough.

Plus get it n HK. I just did... HK$3480 = S$577 :)

Here in SG it is S$699.