Recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies.

delphi

Oct 27, 2006
Hello to all, i am kinda new to this community so i would like to seek some advice here. Currently i am using a sony cybershot P-10 and would like to get something better to shoot more. So would you guys recommend DLSR or another compact camera? Uses wise i would say more for travelling, shooting scenery as well as potrait.

Edit: Budget wise around 1K(PS: i know nuts about DSLR as have been using point and shoot cameras all the way.:embrass: )

Regards.:cool:

Hmm.. your budget or 1k is all you'll spend on your camera? Or 1k is the money you'll spend now and prepared to put in more money to upgrade?

If you're only willing to spend 1k for your camera then i'll recommend you to get a prosumer, cause dslr will require you to spend alot more than 1k, such as filters, extra lens and stuff.

1K for now ... but i am willing to "invest" more some other time down the road if it can last me long enough.

Regards.

Agree, sounds like u should NOT be getting a dslr.. A more powerful compact or prosumer would be more suitable. Do u want a small compact which u can carry around in your pocket everywhere or are u ready to bring along a bigger and heavier prosumer? :)

prosumer wise would the "quality" of the pictures and functions be of a large difference as compared to DSLR ? I read thru some of the reviews of the S3Is canon prosumer and it seems fair.

Regards.

now cybershot got T-10.. looks cool..

Not going for sony cameras anymore. Not much of good reviews abouyt them around.

Regards.

Hello to all, i am kinda new to this community so i would like to seek some advice here. Currently i am using a sony cybershot P-10 and would like to get something better to shoot more. So would you guys recommend DLSR or another compact camera? Uses wise i would say more for travelling, shooting scenery as well as potrait.

Edit: Budget wise around 1K(PS: i know nuts about DSLR as have been using point and shoot cameras all the way.:embrass: )

Regards.:cool:

Some questions:-
do you like to post process alot after you shoot or use what comes straight out of the camera?

and what is the biggest size you want to print?

to shoot landscape and sceneries, most PnS will be good enough.
For portraits, I think you will still need a DSLR for better photos.

There are several good offers in B&S if you do not mind 2nd hand.
I think I saw some olympus DSLR w/ lens selling for $800 or so.

Snowcrash: I don't usually print out my photos. Just save them on my laptop to view.

Cannonball: I'm also looking at canon DLSR @ B&S but it still boils down to getting what i need.

The new Fujifilm 6500FD is the camera I would get if I had only $1K to spend. And I would have $300 in change left over.

1K for now ... but i am willing to "invest" more some other time down the road if it can last me long enough.

Regards.

Try a second hand D50 kit... You may be able to get it under that budget. But the rest of the stuff that comes with it will get you to BBB.... ;)

Erm anyone with comments about the canon prosumer S3IS photo quality ? Comparable to DSLRs ?

Try Canon PowerShot G7, good for travelling...

Try Canon PowerShot G7, good for travelling...

yeah... G7 is good.

S3 Pro is good... with IS summore... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

aiyah dun need DSLR one la.. now a pns can anytime knock a dslr over with its colors and sharpness...

and i am no joking.. :thumbsup:

So basically the prosumer class is good like the G7 and the S3IS? can the camera be fitted with optional lenses ?

So basically the prosumer class is good like the G7 and the S3IS? can the camera be fitted with optional lenses ?

S3IS will be a better choice if u wan to have optional lenses.. IS comes in handy when u use the optional tele lens....

my friend has one set, and when i play around with it... tsk.... should have bought one for myself also.... :bsmilie:

S3IS will be a better choice if u wan to have optional lenses.. IS comes in handy when u use the optional tele lens....

my friend has one set, and when i play around with it... tsk.... should have bought one for myself also.... :bsmilie:

Why is that so ? care to explain pls ?

if u add tele lens in front, u lose a 2-3 stops of light.

usually the shutter speed will drop and if there is no IS, u will have a hard time controlling the camera.

like wise. IS will compensate for hand shakes and panning.

so IS would be good function to have. u will like the IS so much that u will in love with it. ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.