Recommendations on Photography Magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawalf

Oct 17, 2008
Hi,
There are many different magazines on photography at newspaper kiosks. Can someone recommend one or two which are good and worth the money? Less than $10.

Cheers!!

"Content is King", it all depends on what content you're after or you are looking forward to see. Publications have their Unique Selling Propositions although they all look like the same banana.

"Good" and "worth the money" are both subjective wan! For myself for instance, in Singapore, the good ones I've read are those at the above S$10 price level, they are sure worth your money wan.

And again, it all depends on what you are after. if you are after for some shooting tips or photo cosmetology tips (e.g. Photoshop), i suggest you don't limit yourself (subscribe) to one or two magazines. More often than never, these magazines always have something useful/interesting presented in each at every edition, that the other one is not featuring. Spend some time reading through the titles and photos that they splash over at the front cover. Some bookstores have opened ones :what: as well.

If at this stage, you are canvassing for a camera to buy/start-off with, the local magazines (less than S$10 wan) should be enough. Cost-effectively, the National Library got quite a selection of photography references.

Just got hooked on a UK mag called the "Digital Photo". It comes with a CD which interesting runs lessons on Photoshop/Elements.
It's quite a good read but it'll cost $18.90 from Popular or Riceball @ Funan.

I personally like Digital Photo Uk Edition.
I think if you subscription via isubscription it is slightly cheap with the pounds falling.
So it should be about 16 bucks about 2 bucks off each copy.

Practical Photography is my favorite too.

Where can I subscribe this mag, is there any local dealer that handle the subscription?

Buy the issues that have the articles that interest you. There are many magazines, especially the Brit ones, which are very well written with lots of colour photos. I have no particular fave, but I tend to stay away from American ones.

Practical Photography

Have read quite a few magazine almost every month, namely; Amateur Photographer(3 issues a month), Photography Monthly, Popular Photographer, Digital Prographer, Photo Video, Amercian Photo, Practical photography.

Most can be borrowed from the library.

If you're purchasing, I'd recommend you to get Practical photography.

Try 'Practical Photography'.

Practical Photography is my favorite too.

Where can I subscribe this mag, is there any local dealer that handle the subscription?

Practical Photography

Have read quite a few magazine almost every month, namely; Amateur Photographer(3 issues a month), Photography Monthly, Popular Photographer, Digital Prographer, Photo Video, Amercian Photo, Practical photography.

Most can be borrowed from the library.

If you're purchasing, I'd recommend you to get Practical photography.

The best mag I read so far. :thumbsup:

Hi,
There are many different magazines on photography at newspaper kiosks. Can someone recommend one or two which are good and worth the money? Less than $10.

Cheers!!

Hardcopies magazines are quite pricey in Singapore. Why not try softcopies magazine? Check out Zinio. For example Popular Photography at US$12 for 12 issues or US$1 per issue. Well worth it and it save the trees :thumbsup:. Check out www.zinio.com.

dont want to mention names but i read 1 Pro Nikon magazine and the other Pro Canon magazine for the area i like. such magazines usually reveal tidbits of information about the other party that diplomatic magazines do not go into details when they do reviews all the way down to the source code of the firmware depending.

Same here... Practical Photography gets my vote too

Status
Not open for further replies.