Recommendations for web server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

satay16

Jan 14, 2006
Hi. I am planning to get a webserver(non-singapore based) for a website. As I am totally new to this, I dun know which services are the most popular ones. So far, i have seen yahoo which looks pretty attractive. right now, i cant really say what features i need for the website as i can only compare through tables and charts, but email accounts is a must(at least 10-20 accounts). so...any recommendations? and just wondering, which services are the most popular ones? and what does Clubsnap use anyway? thanks!:)

Hi. I am planning to get a webserver(non-singapore based) for a website. As I am totally new to this, I dun know which services are the most popular ones. So far, i have seen yahoo which looks pretty attractive. right now, i cant really say what features i need for the website as i can only compare through tables and charts, but email accounts is a must(at least 10-20 accounts). so...any recommendations? and just wondering, which services are the most popular ones? and what does Clubsnap use anyway? thanks!:)

u damn rich man... u wanna do a website, u buy a server... :thumbsup:

u damn rich man... u wanna do a website, u buy a server... :thumbsup:

ok. i think i phrased wrongly. whoops:embrass: . should be web hosting services i think.

also thinking of getting 1, about 5gb space, unmetered bandwidth...

normally nowadays is 999 or unlimited email & ftp acc.

hi both, have PMed you.

Hi

just pm you,
hope i can help you too~

if i can correct you are looking for basic share web hosting
for web server which can cast you from a min of S$250-S$800++ per month

:)

hi. but right now i still abit blur at why people choose expenisive singapore hosting rather than US hosting. also noticed that US hosting provides much more bandwidth and space though cheaper.

hi. but right now i still abit blur at why people choose expenisive singapore hosting rather than US hosting. also noticed that US hosting provides much more bandwidth and space though cheaper.

local bandwidth expensive and controlled mah, even u reg a .com.sg also must go approved ones... and alot of regulations. .com is easy...

for business, i'll get local host, since anything can solve, and if business is mostly in sg, the speed is faster also... and once in a while, your us line kena cut, u won't get affected.

local bandwidth expensive and controlled mah, even u reg a .com.sg also must go approved ones... and alot of regulations. .com is easy...

for business, i'll get local host, since anything can solve, and if business is mostly in sg, the speed is faster also... and once in a while, your us line kena cut, u won't get affected.

btw, how you think about the hostdepartment.com? right now, that seems to be like the best options availiable. and which hosting did you use? right now i am like compiling one huge list of hosting plans there is.

Give asmallorange.com a shot. They are one of the most reputable hosting service around. Just do a search and draw your own conclusions.

My experience with them is LIGHTNING FAST support. Even though they are based in US, I believe they have support staffs round the clock. I always seem to get them to respond in minutes whatever time I sent the tickets.

btw, how you think about the hostdepartment.com? right now, that seems to be like the best options availiable. and which hosting did you use? right now i am like compiling one huge list of hosting plans there is.

y bother?

i setup 1 in ixwebhosting, not bad, cheap too... godaddy also not bad, esp just 1+ for a domain name if u get their hosting. every 3 domain u get u get all free privacy. privacy is impt for me, so i get privacy...

i gotten a netfirm one, nothing to lose there... and they have free privacy for every domain registered.

y bother?

i setup 1 in ixwebhosting, not bad, cheap too... godaddy also not bad, esp just 1+ for a domain name if u get their hosting. every 3 domain u get u get all free privacy. privacy is impt for me, so i get privacy...

i gotten a netfirm one, nothing to lose there... and they have free privacy for every domain registered.

well, what's making this host department so attractive is that it provides unlimited space, unlimited email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited subdomains, unblimited sql space, unlimited...............well, that's the idea. i have been trying to find loopholes or gimicks in their terms and conditions plus everything else, but so far, it seems ok. problem right now is i am still trying to find some trustable reviews like users from public forums. and about privacy(i think you are talking about private domain registering), it cost US$10 per year. to me, there seems to be no reason why not to choose this, but i just need some comments from some of you about my choice to make me feel safe.

well, what's making this host department so attractive is that it provides unlimited space, unlimited email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited subdomains, unblimited sql space, unlimited...............well, that's the idea. i have been trying to find loopholes or gimicks in their terms and conditions plus everything else, but so far, it seems ok. problem right now is i am still trying to find some trustable reviews like users from public forums. and about privacy(i think you are talking about private domain registering), it cost US$10 per year. to me, there seems to be no reason why not to choose this, but i just need some comments from some of you about my choice to make me feel safe.
If u r serious about ur website, I suggest you forget about these unlimited hosting packages. The fact is, at only US$10 per year, the hosting company will need to squeeze in tons of accounts onto a single server to cover their costs. Since bandwidth, CPU and memory is all shared by everyone, you know what that results in. All it takes is one bugger to hog up all resources.

Go to webhostingtalk.com, you should get better opinions over there. Just a quick search pulled up this thread about HostDepartment:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=543122&highlight=hostdepartment

Status
Not open for further replies.