Recommendations for Tripod - Very Compact/Small with reasonable height

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Long ago I used to own a tripod that when folded, is only about 20cm long, however it has internal extending legs (about 4-5 more sections)that extend until the full height is about chest/eye level. Its small and light and good for travelling. However, I can't find it anymore - got lost in the house moving :p

ANyway anyone has any recommendation for a similarly small tripd? The idea that it has to be small and light and can fit into a normal haversack easily without much bulk. at hte same time it shoudl go up till around chest level if possible. the head need not hold a lot of weight (mine was a small pan tilt head) as I'm only using it for a G3.

Someone recomemnded to me a Manfroto 714SHB, but thats still about 35cm folded...anyone else with another recommendation? Doesn't have to be branded, funny brand also can.

Thanks!

vince123123 said:
Long ago I used to own a tripod that when folded, is only about 20cm long, however it has internal extending legs (about 4-5 more sections)that extend until the full height is about chest/eye level. Its small and light and good for travelling. However, I can't find it anymore - got lost in the house moving :p

ANyway anyone has any recommendation for a similarly small tripd? The idea that it has to be small and light and can fit into a normal haversack easily without much bulk. at hte same time it shoudl go up till around chest level if possible. the head need not hold a lot of weight (mine was a small pan tilt head) as I'm only using it for a G3.

Someone recomemnded to me a Manfroto 714SHB, but thats still about 35cm folded...anyone else with another recommendation? Doesn't have to be branded, funny brand also can.

Thanks!

Hi.

So you have tried CP already?

Bluestrike said:
well you can try the Velbon 540 ....

hehehee

*oh boy.. am I evil or what...... :p

Carmagne 540 for a G3? Overkill lah ... I think he's looking for a all-in-one, lightweight and budget tripod (?) ...

Still, Carmagne 540 is a damn fine tripod ... at a price! :devil:

Slik Sprint Pro together with Manfrotto Ball head 484RC2

actually the price isn't that important. but the 540 is like 44 cm closed...what i need is a tripod ard 20cm if possible. the idea is that while travelling, I dont want to bring so much gear and weight, so instead of my D100 i bring my G3, so instead of my Manfrotto 455, i am looking for a light, small and yet can at least go to chest height tripod.

tks all again! keep the comments coming!

Adam Goi said:
Carmagne 540 for a G3? Overkill lah ... I think he's looking for a all-in-one, lightweight and budget tripod (?) ...

Still, Carmagne 540 is a damn fine tripod ... at a price! :devil:

so far the shortest which someone recommended me was the Velbon Ultra Maxi 5, with a closed length of 32 cm...

anything shorter than that? :p :p

what tripod should i use for a nikon 8800?
(the cheaper the better)
also, what is the price of the silk sprint pro and Velbon Ultra Maxi S?

wong_se said:
Slik Sprint Pro together with Manfrotto Ball head 484RC2

the specs for the legs only 2kg maxload..... by using a ball head with 4kg maxload helps? i consider getting a ball head for my 3way sprint pro...hee

or perhaps i should just get a new tripod....hmmm slik AMT 330DX looks sturdy..... or maybe 190B<--- heavy right? esp if no car ....walk with it whole day damn sian....lol

I have a small tripod for sale! when fold up abt 30cm, it has 3 section! when fully extend, can reach abt 1.3m ht. (when i bought my fuji S7000, it come with it) sms me @90011735

can post a photo of your tripod or provide the brand/model no.? am very interested :)

yymun said:
I have a small tripod for sale! when fold up abt 30cm, it has 3 section! when fully extend, can reach abt 1.3m ht. (when i bought my fuji S7000, it come with it) sms me @90011735

teerex said:
Anybody knows the estimat prices of the above 2 tripods?

Thanks.

I'm also interested in the price... can put 10D with 70-200 2.8?

I THINK you would enjoy visiting MS Color in AMK for tis... I remember I was trying it some of their Small tripod folded up around 20cm if not mistaken... fully extended is not tat short too... and I remember it's velbon...

Status
Not open for further replies.