Recommendations for shoot locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadknight731

Jul 22, 2009
Hi guys I just got my gear, would appreciate greatly if you could recommend me some places for shoots..thanks in adv. ;)

Hi guys I just got my gear, would appreciate greatly if you could recommend me some places for shoots..thanks in adv. ;)

I recommend reading the forum instead of waiting to be spoon-fed. There are sections for different topics and some of them have lists of venues. Secondly: none of us is into mind-reading (and maybe you wouldn't be very happy if we were :bsmilie: ) - so you need to hint at least a bit about what you would like to shoot.

Seeing that it is national day, we should all give the TS a break. Expecting to be spoon-fed is the singaporean way of life.

Boracay Beach in Philippines is a good location. The waters are like Tiffany's color.

The streets of Manhattan is nice too. You can try checking out 5th Avenue or Times Square.

Or maybe the Eiffel Tower if you like some night photography.

Or if you like slums, can check out the subways in america or maybe those in Calcutta, India.

Oh. Maldives is nice too.

Something from me.
You can always go to the gallery and see what people post, their photos. The places can be easily found.

For street it will be like anywhere? Chinatown orchard road tiong bahru it is everywhere.
Macro you can go botanic garden, pasir ris park?
Landscape like sun set and stuff, punggol changi or whatever.
Marina city hall raffles the town the city. Everywhere! Shoot everywhere :)

No point replying to the TS people. He did one post and disappeared.

don't know what to shoot?

It is better to be ignored than getting the following replies.....

Mr A: I want to tour, any recommendation?

Mrs B: where you want to go?

Mr A: don't know.

Miss C: what kind of things you wish to see?

Mr A: no idea, just recommend me something.

Mrs B: How about just stay home watch Discovery Travel, can see a lot of different places at your comfort.

Miss C: how about go to hell? sure got a lot interesting things to see and it is fun, since not much people came back from there and complaining.

I think this kind of thing.. yea.. shouldn be spoonfeed and blablabla then ignore.
Or rather, can give advise and AT THE SAME TIME, yes they need to learn to search/find out whatever they need by themselves.

Isn't it better than they stuck halfway and oh, yes, dont spoonfeed, cannot spoonfeed mah, so continue letting them stuck down there.

I'm a student, I understand, cannot be spoonfeed, but yet when you stuck, yes, still cannot be stuck. -.-
What for make people so difficult?
Just give a minor help isn't it a bit better rather than letting them stuck down there yea?

Nevermind, just drop the issue fine..

Last edited:
I think this kind of thing.. yea.. shouldn be spoonfeed and blablabla then ignore.
Or rather, can give advise and AT THE SAME TIME, yes they need to learn to search/find out whatever they need by themselves.

Isn't it better than they stuck halfway and oh, yes, dont spoonfeed, cannot spoonfeed mah, so continue letting them stuck down there.

I'm a student, I understand, cannot be spoonfeed, but yet when you stuck, yes, still cannot be stuck. -.-
What for make people so difficult?
Just give a minor help isn't it a bit better rather than letting them stuck down there yea?

Nevermind, just drop the issue fine..
if looking for help, sure a lot of people are very willing to help, but at least let other people know what kind of help he is looking for, the question to general to begin with, and expect people to list down all the possible answers? are you kidding? just go and check out the eikin's thread, to Punggol with Love, that is only just for one location, just a tiny part of Singapore, there are tons of interesting place to shoot in Singapore..

and that is only for landscape, TS not even mention what type of subjects his is interested in, cityscape? night scene? street? architecture? macro? XMM? etc etc?

daredevil123 is correct, TS has not being log in since he started this thread, has not been answer Octarine's question, so others may able help him better, and I'm not surprise has such replies.

Boracay Beach in Philippines is a good location. The waters are like Tiffany's color.

The streets of Manhattan is nice too. You can try checking out 5th Avenue or Times Square.

Or maybe the Eiffel Tower if you like some night photography.

Or if you like slums, can check out the subways in america or maybe those in Calcutta, India.

Oh. Maldives is nice too.
Yes, you are very helpful, and many members in Clubsnap are very helpful too, but some people desert better help from others if they help themselves first.

Last edited:
if looking for help, sure a lot of people are very willing to help, but at least let other people know what kind of help he is looking for, the question to general to begin with, and expect people to list down all the possible answers? are you kidding? just go and check out the eikin's thread, to Punggol with Love, that is only just for one location, just a tiny part of Singapore, there are tons of interesting place to shoot in Singapore..

and that is only for landscape, TS not even mention what type of subjects his is interested in, cityscape? night scene? street? architecture? macro? XMM? etc etc?

daredevil123 is correct, TS has not being log in since he started this thread, has not been answer Octarine's question, so others may able help him better, and I'm not surprise has such replies.

Yes, you are very helpful, and many members in Clubsnap are very helpful too, but some people desert better help from others if they help themselves first.

No kidding! I just listed a few bit only. Haha.
Yes yes I agree to you, to some extend.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.