Recommendations for photograhpy course

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanlwc

Jan 17, 2006
Somewhere in the east
Hi guys,

Just want to check with you guys if you bros all there know any good photography courses that you will recommend a newbie to attend. Hope to hear about your past experiences in attending or hearing about any good courses for photography. Thanks a lot

:)

Hi. I went for the starter session on D80 @ PSS. For $20 only, I think they did a phenomenal job in terms of outlining the basics + getting me operational on my camera. And also it did whet my appetite for more! ;p

So if ur looking to ease yourself in, I would recommend this course (they have it for different cams...Canon & Nikon). They also have advanced courses then for you to take up should you be interested in pursuing something more than a startup...

Cheers mate. :)

Hi. I went for the starter session on D80 @ PSS. For $20 only, I think they did a phenomenal job in terms of outlining the basics + getting me operational on my camera. And also it did whet my appetite for more! ;p

So if ur looking to ease yourself in, I would recommend this course (they have it for different cams...Canon & Nikon). They also have advanced courses then for you to take up should you be interested in pursuing something more than a startup...

Cheers mate. :)

20sgd? what course did you take up? coz in their website it's $244 for nonmembers, 12 sessions of digital basic photography course

i took SLCC's actual day wedding course...learnt alot...in fact just met Stanley for drink just now...$400 for 10 lessons of at least 3 hours...very gd deal and learn alot...

if u still new to DSLR then go for basic course 1st...

lots of CSers went for SLCC's courses before...hope more can give their opinions here...

Hi,

Just my 5 cents worth of view.

Attended a basic course with one company and am currently attending the SLCC actual day wedding course.

No doubt cannot compare apple and orange here, but in terms of value for money, there is no comparison. SLCC wins hands down.

I have many questions and queries during the basic photography course, and to me, the instructors of the basic course seemed unwilling to share their knowledge, instead hinting that I should attend its next level to know more.

On the other hand, Stanley from SLCC was always willing to entertain any questions I asked, even if it is out of the syllabus content. Learning under SLCC is so much more enriching and it really makes you appreciate photography even more. The environment is conducive for real learning.

Thanks for hearing me out.:)

PSS's basic photography course is value for money if u're a PSS member.. 12 lessons at $140+ nia.. then got outings somemore. But at the end of it must submit 6 photos for grading.. so cannot jus go there and fool around... must pay attention man..

I went for the basic D80 orientation course mate....coz this was my first dslr so not sure of many things...but they covered many aspects of photography too in those 3-4hrs. key is also the quality of the audience interaction etc...

20sgd? what course did you take up? coz in their website it's $244 for nonmembers, 12 sessions of digital basic photography course

Status
Not open for further replies.