Recommendations for lens servicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
hi all,

i got a old Nikkor lens and a Tamrom telezoom that i'm thinking of sending for servicing. both got slight fungus growth. anyone can recommend any good places to send, or should i get it done by the manufacturer (i.e. send to Nikon Singapore for the Nikkor lens)???

also, how much is such servicing/cleaning usually? i've heard horror stories before also of third party cleaners who botched up the job and screwed up the alightment of the lenses... does this really happen?

any input at all is very mucho appreciato. :D

Originally posted by firefox13
hi all,

i got a old Nikkor lens and a Tamrom telezoom that i'm thinking of sending for servicing. both got slight fungus growth. anyone can recommend any good places to send, or should i get it done by the manufacturer (i.e. send to Nikon Singapore for the Nikkor lens)???

also, how much is such servicing/cleaning usually? i've heard horror stories before also of third party cleaners who botched up the job and screwed up the alightment of the lenses... does this really happen?

any input at all is very mucho appreciato. :D

For the Nikkor lens, try the Nikon Service Centre. Alternatively, try places like Camera Workshop, Cam X etc. Cam X seems to be well received by the folks who had sent their stuff there for cleaning, but I have not tried them.

Regards
CK

depends on what lenses you are refering to. If it is cheap zoom, then I would just send it to third party shop (no Nikon). If expensive lens, then I will send to Nikon. If not worth much...then I will just ignore the fungus and still use it.

thanks for the quick input, ckiang and kho king!

any idea how much the Nikon Service Centre charges for a normal cleaning? i might consider sending my Nikkor... the Tamron i'll leave it be lah, a bit too cheap to send it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.