Recommendations for good strap

thltetek

Jul 31, 2012
Singapore
Hi all, nowadays I usually carry my D700 with the grip when go out for photoshoots and events, and it's quite heavy. Thus, I wonder if the Nikon strap I had been using may give way due to the weight. Can anyone advise me whether I should just continue to use the Nikon strap, or are there any good alternatives that are durable, strong and able to take the weight of the body, grip and lens? Thanks for viewing! Cheers

thltetek said:
Hi all, nowadays I usually carry my D700 with the grip when go out for photoshoots and events, and it's quite heavy. Thus, I wonder if the Nikon strap I had been using may give way due to the weight. Can anyone advise me whether I should just continue to use the Nikon strap, or are there any good alternatives that are durable, strong and able to take the weight of the body, grip and lens? Thanks for viewing! Cheers

Got go for single prime lens.
The rest can't help much..
My strongly recommended for AFS 28mm f1.8G I believe you need it so much.

Last edited:
rain5533 said:

Lol bro, he asking for strap recommendation, you recommend lens :bsmilie:

spree86 said:
Lol bro, he asking for strap recommendation, you recommend lens :bsmilie:

Cause no mater how you changed the weight still there?
Isn't works?
Got lah put in backbag to carry when not in used, that is the best solution

thltetek said:

The Nikon strap is pretty durable, I'm sure it can hold the weight no problem. The one that will suffer is your neck. You can try out black rapid/ sun sniper if you prefer a sling strap. Or if you prefer neck strap that you can look at optech and crumpler.

rain5533 said:
Isn't works?

He's not complaining about the weight. He's afraid that the Nikon strap cannot hold the load. So means you give up all the zoom lenses because you afraid Nikon strap cannot work?

spree86 said:
He's not complaining about the weight. He's afraid that the Nikon strap cannot hold the load. So means you give up all the zoom lenses because you afraid Nikon strap cannot work?

Just for my experience to recommend what I've done it b4.
Charging light weight lens.
Cause the D700 itself already 1kg weight.

Yea I'm using prime now, but is 105 DC. Cos more into learn portrait now

Isn't works?
Got lah put in backbag to carry when not in used, that is the best solution

Backpack quite troublesome cos sometimes may miss taking some moment, so would prefer hanging around with strap

thltetek said:
Yea I'm using prime now, but is 105 DC. Cos more into learn portrait now

Nobody can help u.. Ha ha
You choice only walk until tired and sit down for buy a cup of coffee

Last edited:
I'm quite impressed with the Cam in camera strap brought in by TK photo and it is quite cheap at around $14 - $30 price range.

There is a Cam In camera shoulder strap instead of just a neck strap.

I'm quite impressed with the Cam in camera strap brought in by TK photo and it is quite cheap at around $14 - $30 price range.

There is a Cam In camera shoulder strap instead of just a neck strap.

Really? Alright I shall go check it out then, thanks!

I never use back neck strap after switching to sling strap. Neck strap put too much stress on neck which I simply cannot take it. There are few good sling strap out there, black rapid and newer brand carry speed. I am using carry speed now and it is one of the best I have come across. Not everyone will like sling strap though.

The Nikon Straps that came with my D3S are very good... I use them all the time. ( I'm uncertain if this is the same as the D700 grade ?? )

Anyways I like the Thinktank Straps also - very strong and stay on the shoulder.

rain5533 said:

wahaa Sir. 28mm f1.8g again

ya try blackrapid rs strap, i use it on my 28mm f1.8 and 105mm f2

I have used the Upstrap before, very strong strap. It has Kevlar.