Recommendations for Digital Cameras??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by acidboi
Can anyone recommend some good digital cameras? I'm thinking of getting one. Price is not a problem. Can anyone? Thanks!

Welcome to Clubsnap. :)

One good way to decide is to join us @ SEED later tonight so that you can get a hands on feel of the cameras you are intersted in.

First off, since you stated that you have no budget constrains, do tell us what features are important to you in a Digital Camera.

Choose among the following factors that are most likely to affect your decision to buy a DC (Listed below were some of the factors that governed my decision in getting the S602 :devil: ) Feel free to add in other factors you deem relevent so that we all could better advise you. :)

1. What are you goin gto use it for? (casual snapshots?)
2. How many X zoom?
3. Size (Do you want it to be compact?)
4. How many megapixels?
5. What type of batteries it uses?
6. Do you need a flash hotshoe?
7. Is manual control required?

But remember, at the end of the day, it's what you want to use it for that would help us guage what camera to recommand, so well, drop by SEED this evening or post your replies here. :)

Cheers!

Hmm...
I think you better specify which type of DC you want...
Cos if price is not a problem to you, it might ranges from $500 all the way to $5000!

So is the price still not a problem?

And what type you have in mind? Compact? Storage media? Battery used? etc etc etc...???

Can anyone recommend some good digital cameras? I'm thinking of getting one. Price is not a problem. Can anyone? Thanks!

if price is not a problem, i think the canon 1Ds is a good digital camera. highly recommended. :devil:

Originally posted by Bluestrike
Hmm...
I think you better specify which type of DC you want...
Cos if price is not a problem to you, it might ranges from $500 all the way to $5000!

So is the price still not a problem?

And what type you have in mind? Compact? Storage media? Battery used? etc etc etc...???

$5000 is might be a little too expensive for me. How about price range from $500 to $2000?

$5000 is might be a little too expensive for me. How about price range from $500 to $2000?

Ok. At least now we have a working budget.
Now go back to my previous post and answer the questions asked so more advice would be forth coming. :)

there're many good cameras out there which suit different people's needs. There're probably >>10 good digital cameras in the price range you mentioned.

try to answer wolfgang's questions if you could and we could recommend some which meet your needs.

I am using it for casual snapshots... a few Xs on the zoom will be enough... prefer a small and compact one... 4-5 megapixel... any type of batteries will do... errm what is a flash hotshoe? ... no manual control required...

I am using it for casual snapshots... a few Xs on the zoom will be enough... prefer a small and compact one... 4-5 megapixel... any type of batteries will do... errm what is a flash hotshoe? ... no manual control required...

Hmm.. lets see...

I would think the Canon PowerShot S45 would fit your needs quite adequately. :)

It's small and sleek, has 3.9 effective MP, 3X optical zoom and well within your budget.

Has manual control so that might help. Shoots well in auto mode too. :)

Hope this helps. :)

yes, i just got myself s45.
with the leather case + spare batt set me back total $1000..

i have 2 cameras b4 this one..

nikon 885 and minolta dimage x..

this one by far is the best..

image quality is SUPERB... always crisp and clear and sharp...

abiility to change the aperture, shutter speed, iso, and all other sorts of custom effects make this damn damn good!!

check out some random night shots:

here!!!

some shots like the moon shot are blurry.. coz never use tripod...
took these shots under different aperture/shutter/iso settings just to see the effect.. all without flash and under long exposure..

alan photo in simlim square... they are still the cheapest of all...
1000 including the leather case + extra batt

Status
Not open for further replies.