Recommendations for digicams for amatuers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanpink

Jan 4, 2003
Visit site
If i have only a budget of ard $700, wat brand of digicams n models can i purchase ? Any one uses the Canon Ixus series?

IXUS is very good point & shoot camera, I am using it now. But you can not play with the shutter, aperture, and also the shoot under very low light (night) is not very good.

It depends on what's ur purpose of buying the camera and the factors that are impt to you.

Some of the factors are:
- zoom
- portability
- cost
- megapixels
- movie mode

You'll need to make some considerations to make sure your $700 is well-spent.

Originally posted by ethanpink
If i have only a budget of ard $700, wat brand of digicams n models can i purchase ? Any one uses the Canon Ixus series?

I'm also using the IXUS V3.. think there are several members here also using this cam..

Hi ! Actually i have looking at ur sites where u took pics using ur V3, may i know how much u got it and where too ? i called up Alan Photo at SLS and he said $690, that's abit high for my budget considering i am oso thinking of getting a 32MB CF card and oso not forgetting the new 4% gst Abt the new DIGIC processor, does it really make a difference in the image quality ?

I think A40 is good for beginner like me and its heavier then V3... cos my hand shakes too much hehe... V3 too light liaos.

Originally posted by ethanpink
Hi ! Actually i have looking at ur sites where u took pics using ur V3, may i know how much u got it and where too ? i called up Alan Photo at SLS and he said $690, that's abit high for my budget considering i am oso thinking of getting a 32MB CF card and oso not forgetting the new 4% gst Abt the new DIGIC processor, does it really make a difference in the image quality ?

got it @ the same price $690 @ MS Color.. Nett price.. no GST..

dun really knows whether the DIGIC processor makes a difference.. as this is the first D.C. that I've got..

I have a V3 apart from my current dcam... it's really good for a point and shoot kinda situation and it's pictures are good results... u can consider the A40 which I feel allows more manual playing and try-outs.

It's only $490? And it can let you try out features meant for more advance users... so in time u feel ready.. u can easily move on to a prosumer camera :)

I was also considering A40 also... until someone temp me with a c4040...

and I have oly c-1 so in the end got the c4040 to partner it lor...

BTW, A40 have manual settings (no AP/Tv) so can shot night shots better than other point and shoot...(of course use tripod lah)

Status
Not open for further replies.