recommendations for continuous light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecclesiasm

May 3, 2003
Bedok
marvinlee.multiply.com
Hi all,

Am looking to get a flash-shoe mounted continuous light/lamp (usually used for video) to be used for covering events. An alternative to the use of flash, I want to use this with a bright lens to get a more "natural" ambient lighting....

Any suggestions for brand/model and shop to get it from?

TIA!

it is not practical,

if too small, will not provide any use to you.
if stronger for you, people will run away from you cause it is too bright for them.

the battery and the light it's very heavy, ask all videographers will tell you the same thing,

and the light can't turn on for too long, either will burn your hair or melt your camera.

Think about it, wouldn't it be pretty weird to have a light shinning from your camera while you take pictures? Imagine how people would react.

Samuel

Thanks for comments. I happen to know a famous wedding photographer who uses this set up and I'm trying it out for myself. The photos turned our very, very well. And everyone was paying attention to the bride as she walked down the aisle. ;)

So, anyone with recommendations or shops that I could inquire?

video equipment shops

i believe there are some cool lights available
but you need to take note of the colour tempreture

for the 12v batter pack with 100w(?) light, you can get from one shop sell video light in SL tower.

and Sony did have a compact video light power by a video cam battery, think it is not cheap,

best check with videographers, the should have more info about this.

btw, I no longer selling albums.

regards

There is a small videographer's light which I had tried out in my prev experience with using a video camera, it's small, but the battery pack isn't really light. And there is also a working time of about a few hours only (can't be sure of exact time now)

Do note that it's HOT, throws off tungsten coloured light (more meant for video)...

So watch out for it being near your face, when it's on your cam hotshoe and compensate accordingly for the WB (as mentioned already)

not forgetting it will melt the bride's makeup
and cause people to squint

lol...that's one thing I won't want to be guilty of... go around melting others' makeup :)

But, will cool lights (there are some el cheapo ($50ish) LED lights) have the same disastrous effects also?

lol...that's one thing I won't want to be guilty of... go around melting others' makeup :)

But, will cool lights (there are some el cheapo ($50ish) LED lights) have the same disastrous effects also?

How powerful do you think LED lights will be?? The more powerful ones would need some good circuitry as well and a good way to focus the beams together...

The light itself will have to be quite well-distributed, if it's too strong, people may start squinting their eyes while you are shooting. If the beam is too narrow, it will start to look like a spotlight.

Thanks for comments. I happen to know a famous wedding photographer who uses this set up and I'm trying it out for myself. The photos turned our very, very well. And everyone was paying attention to the bride as she walked down the aisle. ;)

So, anyone with recommendations or shops that I could inquire?

Just wondering, who is the famous wedding photog? Got any links to his photos? Curious to see the pics~

Status
Not open for further replies.