Recommendations For Chocolate Cake and Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,

looking for suggestions for places with gd chocolate cakes and any places that sells nice birthday cards. would prefer those non regular, meaning not memory lane, hallmark etc.

basically the event is a birthday!

thanks!

:)

Umm bt timah Lana's cake~~ the best.

go for canele at robertson walk...
best chocolate cake ever, and very nice box too...
run by Chef Pang Kok Keong
www.canele.com.sg
the price is surprisingly reasonable...

projekts said:
www.canele.com.sg

wow yummy... make me hungry now..

how about strawberry cakes?

been googling around. kinda bored of the normal prima deli stuff.

any recommendations for cakes in general?

heard theres a place at jln kayu?

projekts said:
www.canele.com.sg

Went to the webby, so many choices of chox cakes.:sweat: Which is the one you recommended ? ;p

i got "indecent obsession" from the big O at wheelock

alternatively, there is alway awfully chocolate at katong, the all-choc is 21bucks for a 500g cake... but there are also the diy designed cakes there...u could check it out man..

cheers

try secret receipe - the chocolate mashmellow is nice and different. they have several branches. price abt $40

dnd8008 said:
try secret receipe - the chocolate mashmellow is nice and different. they have several branches. price abt $40

I second that! Or if you want to save more, go to JB City Square and get it for RM40. Half the price :) I always go there have my choco cake which cost around S$2.50 per slice.

Alternatively, you can try:
The Patissier
4 mohd sultan road #01-01.

I haven't try it before, but i'll be collecting a cake on my friend's behalf next month. Apparently she said it's the more expensive and upmarket kind of cake shop... Perhaps worth trying if u happen to pass by.

yeah google returned me the patissier too,

seems impressive. now cant decide between chocolate or strawberries. haha, cos the cake for a girl lah. skarly she scared fattening

wainism said:
yeah google returned me the patissier too,

seems impressive. now cant decide between chocolate or strawberries. haha, cos the cake for a girl lah. skarly she scared fattening

Well, girls either love or hate chocolate. If she likes chocolate, go for it. If not, strawberries. But i think the latter is a little kiddish in my opinion? Why not go for more sophisticated flavor like champagne or irish cream (if there is!), you know, something like that.

stonefish35 said:
Went to the webby, so many choices of chox cakes.:sweat: Which is the one you recommended ? ;p
Normally what i'll do is go there and have a chat with the staff...
tell her or the chef what you want, like "not too sweet", "want extra strawberries on top", "dark chcolate", "milk chocolate"...etc...
they will customise for you to suit your taste...
i had tried many places, but canele is still my favourite...

the Jalan kayu one is Jane's cake station. There is also lana cake near bukit timah.

My personaly favourite is the chocolate cake at don's pie club near raffles place MRT. It is sweeter and more dense.... don't like those very fluffy kind.

The chocolate cake at the small cake counter at Takashimaya basement is also very good. Has a funny name. Guandar or something....

okie, probably will try to customise some form of chocolate strawberry cake or something.

any idea how much time they need for a cake that serves 10 ppl? birthday is on 24th, a monday!

normally i just order in the day and collect in the evening...
alternatively, can always order a day in advanced...
check out the website and call them for more details...

ok steady. have ordered from The Patisser

Lana closed on sundays and mondays. so no chance

Canele custom made cakes must be above 2kg! so also out.

will attempt a food shot when i get the cake lah!

till then,

thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.