Recommendations for camera backpack

Kirmu

Aug 13, 2008
Hi, I'm looking for a nice camera backpack which can put both camera stuffs and other misc items together, like the laptop, documents, etc. Any suggestions on which to get? I will be using this for travel photography, I am looking at the crumpler sinking/customary barge backpack, but unsure whether it is a good choice. Thanks everyone in advance! :)

Hi, I'm looking for a nice camera backpack which can put both camera stuffs and other misc items together, like the laptop, documents, etc. Any suggestions on which to get? I will be using this for travel photography, I am looking at the crumpler sinking/customary barge backpack, but unsure whether it is a good choice. Thanks everyone in advance! :)

Hi! Have you look at Think Tank StreetWalker HardDrive?

StreetWalker-HardDrive-4.jpg

Hi! Have you look at Think Tank StreetWalker HardDrive?

StreetWalker-HardDrive-4.jpg

Hmm... Bringing so many things might be very heavy. I use to bring my euipment with a netbk in a thinktank streetwalker pro, but it gets really heavy... But if u really need to bring laptop, streetwalker hd is quite a gd choice

I use the Sinking Barge for travels.

UPs: Well built, nice design, "customisable" compartments, tough, fits a Macpro 13" snugly, some compartments for peripherals, well padded
Downs: not easy to take camera out quickly, on a heavy side, bulky if you are travelling in crowded places, expensive (subjective).

All being said, I have no regrets buying it for it's design and toughness.

just my 2 cents worth.

I have the Sinking Barge too, but I'm just wondering if I should have gotten something with wheels?
It can carry almost everything, but its going to be heavy. I'm going to use it for my upcoming trip and see how it and I cope.

I have a sinking barge too, found that it cannot store as much thing as it looks, in the end got myself a thinktank street walker pro. Can hold a lot more equipment despite the smaller bag size. Cannot hold a laptop though

I use the Sinking Barge for travels.

UPs: Well built, nice design, "customisable" compartments, tough, fits a Macpro 13" snugly, some compartments for peripherals, well padded
Downs: not easy to take camera out quickly, on a heavy side, bulky if you are travelling in crowded places, expensive (subjective).

All being said, I have no regrets buying it for it's design and toughness.

just my 2 cents worth.

the Streetwalker HD is bulky too. but not as bulky as the sinking barge.

I have the Sinking Barge too, but I'm just wondering if I should have gotten something with wheels?
It can carry almost everything, but its going to be heavy. I'm going to use it for my upcoming trip and see how it and I cope.

I have a sinking barge too, found that it cannot store as much thing as it looks, in the end got myself a thinktank street walker pro. Can hold a lot more equipment despite the smaller bag size. Cannot hold a laptop though

that's why i never got the sinking barge. it's extremely padded, but it adds on to the weight and from one look i knew it was gonna be a pain to remove my DSLR. or to keep it. also, it can't store as much as i want.

so i got the Streetwalker HD

Wow thanks for all of the suggestions!

Seems like Think Tank Streetwalker is a better choice, may I know where is the best place to get it?

Wow thanks for all of the suggestions!

Seems like Think Tank Streetwalker is a better choice, may I know where is the best place to get it?

The price is quite controlled. You can call TK Foto.

+1 for Think Tank Street Walker HardDrive. Packed about 18 kg to the bag on recent trip, still have some space left if you are strong. It start to get uncomfortable after 1 hour of walking. Haven't use the waist belt and chest strap yet, can distribute the weight better with those 2 according to the website. No space to put A4 size documents if you carry your laptop with you though.

The price is quite controlled. You can call TK Foto.

yup. before i bought mine, i called up TK and OP. both gave me the same price when i tried to haggle.

i got it for $238. some bros said they got it for $239 and complained that i got a $1 discount.

sometimes it pays to be pretty :bsmilie:

I bought one for travelling for the exact same purpose. Laptop, documents, a DSLR, 2-3 lenses, etc. Bought the National Geographic Africa Rucksack A5270. Thought it looks awesome, and can fit everything I need, not too clunky. One downside is the ease of taking equipment out. Apart from that, I decided to get this coz it looks really sleek.

i use my kata 467 to travel around Sg, Thai, Australia and will go to EU soon.
i only bring my 60D + 10 22+ siggy 50 150 + 580ex + joby gorilla pod...
last time is only 450D..i seldom bring my laptop..its too heavy..hehehe

Last edited:
I went to HK with an Agio Ty Video. It's actually meant for video eqpt. but it has enough space for a normal Lowepro cam bag, my clothes, laptop and my Crumpler Jimmy Bo 400... Lol!!!

yup. before i bought mine, i called up TK and OP. both gave me the same price when i tried to haggle.

i got it for $238. some bros said they got it for $239 and complained that i got a $1 discount.

sometimes it pays to be pretty :bsmilie:
maybe u should come with me when i shop....:smilie: i will probably save a wad of cash...I will treat u to lunch for your effort:smilie:

I am just sick of the paying the 'not-so-good-looking' tax....:bsmilie:

simonsez said:
maybe u should come with me when i shop....:smilie: i will probably save a wad of cash...I will treat u to lunch for your effort:smilie:

I am just sick of the paying the 'not-so-good-looking' tax....:bsmilie:

Based on the savings for think tank streetwalker HD, you can only treat pretty kei a sweet....

sorry to hijack this thread but would like to ask what camera backpack are there that can carry camera equipment like (body, lens, tripod ) and traveling accessories like (clothing, shoes) for backpacking purposes.

sorry to hijack this thread but would like to ask what camera backpack are there that can carry camera equipment like (body, lens, tripod ) and traveling accessories like (clothing, shoes) for backpacking purposes.

How big or small do you want it?

CE402GR-HIKER-GREY-WEB-SMALL-2.jpg
vg_uprise46.jpg

lowepro_fastpack_250_bag32.jpg
Lowepro_photo_sport_AW.jpg