Recommendations For Black Pepper Crabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercrab1

Aug 14, 2005
...slurp, slurp....yummy.

Ok, i wanna go for black pepper crab feista tomorrow. Cann anyone recommend where the best places for BPC?
Places I have in mind are limited and the usual touristy places:

1. Eng Seng @ Joo Chiat :thumbsup:
2. Jumbo
3. Long Beach
4. UMDC
5. No Sign Board @ Kallang

I remember there's a place called Don's xxxxxxx who also serves delicious BPC. Can anyone help?

RuthBaby said:
Still RD black Pepper CRAB!
CRY FOR MORE SIA!

I think the Still Rd one is Eng Seng which is junction of Joo Chiat & Still Road.

Thanks, anyway.

issit?
i always call it the still road pepper crab. wah sey!

i spent 120 bucks for crab tt day.. too much pepper, heaty..
end up next day high fever, sore throat.. wahahha

in e end see doc at 150 bucks..

but worth it!!!

tonite going u know?

parking difficult too....

I LOVE STILL RD BLACK PEPPER CRAB!!!!

MUACK MUACK

that place is kopi tiam and cannot make reservations one hor?
usually wat time crowded?
what other dishes good to order?

went ECP the other day, Little Red House closed down for renovation :sweatsm:

you could try the No Sign Board :)

You know what, I live 2 mins walk from Eng Send but I've never ever been there. Always get put off by the long lines and steamy and hot looking interior. Maybe should think of ordering to go one day.

i can only recommend where NOT to go.. dun go to "ah orh's" seafood resturant at Bt Merah (just before kia hiang restuarant). LIterally translated means Ah-Black's seafood restuarant. Ever went there once, with a group of ~10 persons. They said minimum order of 3 crabs.. ok.. so we ordered 3 crabs and some common dished (kang kong, ceral prawns, etc..) Crabs came quite small in size.. 1 of the crabs was still qutie raw.

The total bill amounted to $300++

Entered a black shop literally..

yanyewkay said:
i can only recommend where NOT to go.. dun go to "ah orh's" seafood resturant at Bt Merah (just before kia hiang restuarant). LIterally translated means Ah-Black's seafood restuarant. Ever went there once, with a group of ~10 persons. They said minimum order of 3 crabs.. ok.. so we ordered 3 crabs and some common dished (kang kong, ceral prawns, etc..) Crabs came quite small in size.. 1 of the crabs was still qutie raw.

wah, this is really a place to avoid.

yanyewkay said:

:faint: :faint: :faint: ....I was also suckered once into ordering a snow crab in one kopitiam at Tiong Barhu.....nvr even tell us how big, end up the 1 crab cost me $150.....:cry:

You should have said " *..Dong..Dong..* Black Pepper Crabs time" and let me see Racoon pop up :)

Sjourn said:
:faint: :faint: :faint: ....I was also suckered once into ordering a snow crab in one kopitiam at Tiong Barhu.....nvr even tell us how big, end up the 1 crab cost me $150.....:cry:

ykia said:
You should have said " *..Dong..Dong..* Black Pepper Crabs time" and let me see Racoon pop up :)

hee hee will try that tonight:bsmilie:

Home cook peppercrab is the best! all the taste & ingredients my choice! ;p

Drudkh said:

Can give me your recipes?

Drudkh said:

I agreed. I prefer home cook pepper / chili crab :thumbsup:

you selling? :bsmilie: I go your house eat ;p

OT: there are such houses in m'sia where they open their house for customers like a resturant.

Sjourn said:
hee hee will try that tonight:bsmilie:

Racoon reporting!!! ;p

BPC...my favourite so far is Singa Inns'. The outlet next to Fisherman's Village. Cheap and yummy!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.