Recommendations for an incident light meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaeSiuM

Dec 22, 2002
Singapore, Bedok
www.paintingmoments.com
Hi guys,

I'm getting a light meter for some architecture photography work and I need recommendation from you guys. I'm on a tight budget and I don't need sophisticated equipment, just need one that can give pretty accurate reading via incident metering.

Minolta Vf or something like that...

selling at CP for around 500 plus...

should last you quite a long time (if you are careful)

If you want those all in one type...

Minolta 6 is the latest stuff in the market.... (all in 1)
but going for a rather steep price of 700 plus...
and you'd problably not use the 1 degree spot meter .. unless you are into landscape too :)

Thanks for the recommendation, Sputnik. But the Vf is still kind of out of my budget. Sorry for not being specific enough, I was looking in the range of around $300. Is there any by Sekonic or Polaris which I can consider?

Thanks in advance! ;)

CaeSiuM said:
Thanks for the recommendation, Sputnik. But the Vf is still kind of out of my budget. Sorry for not being specific enough, I was looking in the range of around $300. Is there any by Sekonic or Polaris which I can consider?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Last time i checked (2-3 weeks ago), the Polaris one was going at $240 at Ruby, $260 at John 3:16... if ur keen, maybe we can get together and buy a couple of units (got a few others interested as well) , may get a better price.

I was told the Polaris one is a cheaper, reversed engineered version of the Seksonic one ....

Cheers
Darrel

the polaris one here is which model? someone organising MO? i may be interested :)

darrelchia said:
Last time i checked (2-3 weeks ago), the Polaris one was going at $240 at Ruby, $260 at John 3:16... if ur keen, maybe we can get together and buy a couple of units (got a few others interested as well) , may get a better price.

I was told the Polaris one is a cheaper, reversed engineered version of the Seksonic one ....

Cheers
Darrel

darrelchia said:

Cheers
Darrel

Thanks for the offer Darrel, however I sort of need it urgently. Do you know the model number of the Polaris meter that you've just mentioned? :)

I got my Sekonic 308 at $300. Works well, and quite compact. No spot metering though.

just wondering, how are you going to do incident metering for architectural photography ?

CaeSiuM said:
Thanks for the offer Darrel, however I sort of need it urgently. Do you know the model number of the Polaris meter that you've just mentioned? :)

errmm .. dunno the model number... i don't think polaris produces a lot of light meters ... just go to the shop and ask for a polaris light meter, they will know ... dun have to try cathay, they don't sell this.

Cheers
Darrel

rueyloon said:
just wondering, how are you going to do incident metering for architectural photography ?

Yeah I just realised too. I was doing a bit of reading up and found that what they meant was an incident meter with spot meter attachment. ;)

Thanks for pointing out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.