Recommendations for a Photo Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
Hi,

I am looking for a printer that has closest quality to a lab print, cos a client requested some on site printing. looking at 4R prints.

Understand that a couple of canon printers are pretty good in this aspect. but a concern is also speed. are we looking at something like 1 photo per minute? is something like 100 photos in hour even achieveable?! :sweat:

thanks! :)

how about the Canon iP5200? seen them using to print 5R during Photovideoi Community Click competition. :dunno:
juz googled for one review, seems pretty fast @ 36s per 4R...
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/canon_ip5200.html

personally i use the older iP4200, nothing fantastic about the print quality, as for spd mange to get 4R borderless in less than a min... the most impt is i got it at $199 (with a set of ink), which is consider very cheap for a printer that can print on CD cover/auto-duplex.

ok thanks guys!

roughly how much r these inks? i mean they come with those dedicated colours type right? any rough estimates on how long one set of new cartridges will last?

wainism said:
ok thanks guys!

roughly how much r these inks? i mean they come with those dedicated colours type right? any rough estimates on how long one set of new cartridges will last?
eh actually i haven really finished my first set of ink :embrass:
but the ink from harvy norman are roughly about $24 for pigment black, and $19-20 for the other 4 dye ink (yellow/cyan/magenta/black)... whole set would be about $100. thats why i said $199 for that printer is :thumbsup:... :sweatsm:

but the newer iP5200 cost 269 while 4200 is @ 179 now

for lowest cost per print, selphy definitely have an edge, but i heard that some of the model or maybe all will have to be shutdown for cooling after certain amount of print

alrighty!

thanks... will go recce ard

Recently I got the HP8450, print out is amazing. Technically it uses 9 colors on 3 cartriages. Print is slightly expensive $3 per A4 print. If you are just talking about print out it is really good. The printer is cheap $159 with print server build in, card reader, LCD screen, optional duplex if you want.

Also one of the best printer for B&W print. The tone it gives is amazing!!!

r photo printers really so cheap now!?

Depending on the volume, you'll need at least 2-3 printers. if it's a one off job, you might want to rent the machines and buy the paper separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.