Recommendations for a Macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

eejal

Deregistered
May 4, 2005
End of the Line
I'm trying to take some close ups of capacitors, resistors on PCBs with my Canon 350D, with kit lens and of course failed miserably. Could anyone recommend me a pretty decent close up lens? Used to have Raynox 250 when I had my Fujifilm S6500fd and I'd say the pictures are :thumbsup:. have since sold my cam and lens when i have this dslr.

Thanks all!

Do you mean a closeup filter?
If yes you can try a Hoya closeup +4 on your kit lens.
Can go quiet close...;)

Do you mean a closeup filter?
If yes you can try a Hoya closeup +4 on your kit lens.
Can go quiet close...;)

ok sir. i will try to find it in B&S. many thanks...

if it is just a record shot, just place it on a scanner and scan it

sir.. i dun get what you trying to tell me.

i'm trying to do something like dis..

Device.jpg

Do you know of the street price for this lens?
for kit lens sizes (52-58mm), its about $20+/-, but be warned that the hoya do the give as high quality and magnification value as the raynox 250

for kit lens sizes (52-58mm), its about $20+/-, but be warned that the hoya do the give as high quality and magnification value as the raynox 250

thanks for the info bro...:thumbsup:

Since yours is a static subject, I would use Liveview on tripod with a Macro Lens like maybe a Tamron 90mm. If your intent was to show up the component flaws, I think this would work.

../azul123

sir...i'm only using 350D with kit lens. unable to afford any lens at the moment..economy not so good.:devil:

intend to take product pics for my company....:lovegrin:

sir...i'm only using 350D with kit lens. unable to afford any lens at the moment..economy not so good.:devil:

intend to take product pics for my company....:lovegrin:

buy equipment and charge to company ;)

buy equipment and charge to company ;)

Idea:vhappy:

but sadly not claimable... i'm doing on my freewill. company has given me a lot of opportunities... less work :devil:

i'm not asked to do but i find my company's website in pathetic state..

un-mount the kit lens, reverse it, set to 55mm position, then try to hold it steady in front of the camera, then take the picture.

reversed kit lens = FOC macro lens. of course if u want a proper adapter it would incur additional costs.

un-mount the kit lens, reverse it, set to 55mm position, then try to hold it steady in front of the camera, then take the picture.

reversed kit lens = FOC macro lens. of course if u want a proper adapter it would incur additional costs.

the adapter (reversal ring) costs only like 20 bucks or so. at least, thats the price for nikon. but you can't auto focus and the focal length is fixed. so its tough. haha

Since yours is a static subject, I would use Liveview on tripod with a Macro Lens like maybe a Tamron 90mm. If your intent was to show up the component flaws, I think this would work.

../azul123

Since when 350D got live view, deh? :bsmilie:

yes. I agreed that with a Hoya +4 will give you decent close-up, but frankly if you looking for SOLID close up with incurring $$$, then I'd recommend you to use a PnS instead. My wife's Sony T20, even my old Nikon S6 can get close to 1cm. Something which is even beyond a Hoya +4 or Tamron 90mm.
If I really need to close up, using a Canon S3IS gives me good result also.

Status
Not open for further replies.