Recommendations for a Macro Lens for a D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

quirkyz

May 31, 2007
Hi to all,

This is essentially my first post in here. Yeah, so i recently just got a D80; thing is i'm rather into taking macro shots, and have been doing it for awhile with my powershot. So the kit lens kinda frustrates me a bit. These are some examples of shots i like to take (and would like to imrpove on with the help of the DSLR)

422092341_b5b2062633.jpg

500580420_cda2264851.jpg

500568876_91307a297a.jpg

Any recommendations? Is the Nikkor AF 60mm good enough? [I'm still studying, so budget's not exactly large]. Why the difference in prices for the range of Nikon's macro lens? Or is there some other brand that anyone has tried? Thank you for your time and advice!

Regards
Quirkyz ;)

i think the 60mm micro from nikon would do just fine but hey...

your powdershot from canon is already giving u super images :thumbsup:

Wrong forum, please post in the Nikon sub forum. This is Canon sub forum.

Maybe he really wants a Canon but somehow ended up with a Nikon? :)

Dear TS, don't waste any more time and quickly sell your D80 and get yourself a Canon 1D Mklll! Then get yourself an EF100 f2.8 Macro or a Voigtlander 125mm f2.5 Macro. :)

why are you posting in the Canon forum for a Nikon system? Just to be fair, I'd just recommend a Tamron 90mm macro. Available for both Nikon and Canon.

90mm f/2.8 macro is a good choice

tell me sister,

does tokina or tamron manufecture macro lens for both canon or nikon?

Just to be fair, I'd just recommend a Tamron 90mm macro. Available for both Nikon and Canon.

tell me sister,

does tokina or tamron manufecture macro lens for both canon or nikon?

Yes, and will you cut the sister act out already? It's getting old

The Tokina 100mm Macro and Tamron 90mm Macro are available in both Canon and Nikon mounts.

hey! tks sis

actually, i should be asking does tokina or sigma and not does tokina and tamron because post #5 already mentioned there's a tamron for both mount

Yes, and will you cut the sister act out already? It's getting old

The Tokina 100mm Macro and Tamron 90mm Macro are available in both Canon and Nikon mounts.

hey! tks sis

actually, i should be asking does tokina or sigma and not does tokina and tamron because post #5 already mentioned there's a tamron for both mount

I thought I told you before, I'm not a female. You really are quite slow.

Sigma makes a 105mm macro as well.

You'd think your name would give him a hint but perhaps he was wishing you were a woman! :)

He does it to everybody, and I'm not the first to ask him to stop.

nah! i don't wish her a woman or something; like she said, just my habit since puberty to address as she... her... better than shim!

anyway,

say sorry to brother caleck ;)

You'd think your name would give him a hint but perhaps he was wishing you were a woman! :)

I believe even TS is a nikon user that dosent mean we cant help. We still can advise him things like the difference between a kit lens and a dedicated macro lens, close up filters specs, extension tubes functionality. Why is there always a line drawn to separate nikon and canon users?

At the end of the day, its the passion of photography that counts not the brand of equipment. Who knows if he feels that Canon forum is indeed helpful despite his nikon equipment, he may do the switch ? :bsmilie: Customer satisfaction is :thumbsup: in brand switching :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.