Recommendations for a camera bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwindows

Jan 1, 2007
Hi,

I am looking for a camera bag, realise that the i-case camera bag given foc by Canon can no longer fit all the lens.

My camera is 400D with additional grip attachment. The lenses I have are kit lens 18-55mm, prime 50mm and sigma 70-300mm. May invest in a flash in near future. I would usually bring my camera for outdoor shooting ard Singapore.

May I know if a stealth reporter bag or a slingshot bag can fit all conditions mentioned above? Beside these 2 bags, hope you can recommend me other bags. Budget ard the price of a stealth reporter or slingshot.

Recommendations? Thanks! ;)

Hi,

I am looking for a camera bag, realise that the i-case camera bag given foc by Canon can no longer fit all the lens.

My camera is 400D with additional grip attachment. The lenses I have are kit lens 18-55mm, prime 50mm and sigma 70-300mm. May invest in a flash in near future. I would usually bring my camera for outdoor shooting ard Singapore.

May I know if a stealth reporter bag or a slingshot bag can fit all conditions mentioned above? Beside these 2 bags, hope you can recommend me other bags. Budget ard the price of a stealth reporter or slingshot.

Recommendations? Thanks! ;)

Lowepro SR D300 or mini Trekker ->~+/-$120

do a search for "camera bag"

Lowepro Minitrekker for field trips.
Crumpler 6 or 7 Million Dollar Home (a bit more exp though).
Lowepro SR size of 300 or 400.
Lowepro 4AW or 5AW.

This sort of thing had been discussed many times, u can try doing a search here for more info.

Keep a lookout in the B&S for good stuff. :D

i dun like crumpler. i got one myself, and i think compared to my lowepro, the crumpler sucks.

crumplers for looking good, but funtionality and protection-wise lowepro is much much much better.

crumpler to close can only flap over leaving a small gap at the side between the flap and the body, if rain chui, at least i scared... lowepro all zip zip steady.

somemore the gap means more moisture... my silica gel in lowepro can last very long, crumpler few days chui ready muz go microwave.

but i like looking good haha... lowepro fugly.

crumpler wise, if ure intending to carry all your lenses+flash in 1 bag, do not get the 6mil. everything fits but u have to squeeze like **** and u cant carry anything else like a bottle, etc

crumpler wise, if ure intending to carry all your lenses+flash in 1 bag, do not get the 6mil. everything fits but u have to squeeze like **** and u cant carry anything else like a bottle, etc

i wouldn't carry a bottle of water in my camera bag, if your bottle leaks... chui :cry:

haha.. you like using 'chui' eh. haha.

im looking for a camera bag too, using about the same lenses as you. been thinking of either e 7mil or slingshot..

if you like to wear seasoned jeans, get a domke f2 ;)

I realise there are two types of SR models with D and without D, May I know what are the differences? The prices are pretty much the same.

DOMKE!!yes out of your budget..but there is a domke F3xB on sale in the buy and sell..domke's are good

Why don't you bring your gadgets to a camera shop and try it out? You'd know what you really need, whether a sling bag version or a backpack. Only you know what type of camera bag you prefer, and what type you really need.

juz to let u know my experience.
i got 400d with kit lens and i bought a slingshot 100
when i purchase 75-300 and 17-55 IS, the lens 17-55 IS simply cannot fill in my slingshot, had to sell away and i got Rezo 190. now i can put in 400D + 17-55, 75-300, 430EX (flash), my backup harddisk (digimate), blower, cloth, and 1 more compartment if i will get a macro lens

Buy crumpler fm TK photo @ beach road shaw tower.. they sell @ 10% discount.. i use the 7MDH.. quite spacious sling bag..

LOWEPRO-COMPUDAYPACK for basic camera gear and a 17 inch labtop.. price is quite cheap also, was quoted < 100 @ ms color and CP.

i use a slingshot 100
it can fit my pentax dl + sigma 17-70 + sigma 70-300 + pentax 50 + sigma flash
that's the max load for the bottom compartment liao... the top compartment still can put extra batteries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.