Recommendation on SLR cameras!

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo

Jun 1, 2005
Jurong, Singapore
Hello!
I'm new to photography and i am currently looking for 35mm SLR camera. Heard that canon and nikon is good. and currently thinking of getting nikon f80, but it is a little over my budget. i have a low budget of $350-400, and i want to get a reasonable cheap and good one (just like the f80), that is just enough for an amatuer like me for me to play around with.

Any recommendations, (brand, model, price and where to get the best deal in singapore)?

Also, i am also not sure about the different lens that are available, any recommendations of lens that is just nice for an amateur like me. or a crash course on lens? :sweat: lens that is just enough for beginners, enough to do basic shoots.

i will greatly appreciate your help!! thanks in advance! :sweatsm:

Welcome to ClubSNAP!

Can't go wrong with either Canon or Nikon. For your budget to get a mid-range SLR (Nikon F80 or Canon EOS 30/33), you can only get it 2nd hand--even then your budget is still a little bit on the low side. A new one will cost $600-700.

As for lens, since you are on a tight budget, you may want to get a 3rd party lens (Simga, Tamron or Tokina). Or else, go for the cheapest prime around, the 50mm f/1.8 for both Canon and Nikon. Less than $200.

Who go for Nikon and Canon only? Check prices in SG used camera shops for Minolta, Pentax AF cameras...........easier to get used AF lenses for Minolta.......surely fit your budget......

HS

Your budget is too low for a used F80 plus lens (used F80 bodies typically go for about $300+ without lens), but there are other brands and models you can look at that are pretty good as well.

E.g. you can consider the one below:

F65

thanks alot. probably getting a nikon f65 second hand. found a few good deals. :bsmilie:

Why not try EOS 300, plus kit lens (EF 28-80mm) may sell for only about $300 max. I got mine for $400 with a EF 75-300mm lens ... Enough functions to play w ... Add batt grip for $50 and u can start using AA batt instead of the more X CR123 ...

And ClubSnap has quite a few people selling off their used cams. Jus post a WTB (Want to Buy) and wait for response. But first determine what you want to buy and which system (ie Canon or Nikon). Later, you would be stuck w the lens for a long while ...

booboo said:
thanks alot. probably getting a nikon f65 second hand. found a few good deals. :bsmilie:

Consider a mid-range consumer body like the Eos 30 or F80 instead.. If you try hard enough, you can get it cheap.. I did get my Eos A2 (Eos 5) for $200..

That's a superb price for EOS 5 :) EOS 5 is better in specs (5fps, 1/200s flash sync, fast and accurate AF, etc) than most other cameras mentioned so far in this thread.

mpenza said:
That's a superb price for EOS 5 :) EOS 5 is better in specs (5fps, 1/200s flash sync, fast and accurate AF, etc) than most other cameras mentioned so far in this thread.

I had thought you would have taken it at that steal of a price.. LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.