recommendation of stores to get nikon D7k

woolala

Nov 15, 2008
hey all, HAPPY DEEPAVALi!!

i am true blue newbie here... ^_^
After much reading off the threads here and websites, i have decided to invest my humbling photography experience with D7000.

just wondering if anyone can share on whereabout to purchase a brand new Nike D7000 at a good price without the "cheat and cons and pressures" from my purchases experience?

read about some threads on Bally and Alan photos.. but, still have yet to stumble upon a good recommendation of shops/salesperson in the website.

Cheers,

After much reading off the threads here and websites, i have decided to invest my humbling photography experience with D7000.

just wondering if anyone can share on whereabout to purchase a brand new Nike D7000 at a good price without the "cheat and cons and pressures" from my purchases experience?

read about some threads on Bally and Alan photos.. but, still have yet to stumble upon a good recommendation of shops/salesperson in the website.

Cheers,

Welcome! Buying a DSLR is like grocery shopping at your favourite Cold Storage or Fairprice... Sometimes you get pleasing cashiers, sometimes grouchy ones that will ruin your day...

Do a search on CS for the known camera stores most frequent here... some places you get good service but price may not be that good, some places crappy service but prices are hard to beat... at the end of the day, each buyer's experience may differ a lot depending on your communication skill, body language and other whatnots that will influence the salesmen's services upon you.

It is best that you KNOW what you really want and what kind of price to expect before you go visit each store... don't let the salemen convince you otherwise (unless you're really not sure of what you want).

Happy shooting and enjoying your road to photography... :)

Continue browsing and reading ... there are price guides and there are lists of shops directly on top pf the price guides. Select from this list.

At the moment, the D7000 has not reached the stores yet... Stores that generally gives you the best prices may not necessarily give you a good D7000 price - lets not assume anything at the moment until the DSLR has hit the stores.

Thanks KriegsKetten! your message jus reminded me of the uncanny remsemblance of many of my shopping experience.
alritey, will need to manage 2 factors (service vs price) expectation accordingly.

many thanks!!

me too. wish can get next it show(Sitex 2010)

me too. wish can get next it show(Sitex 2010)
Do search for threads about these fairs. Imho, apart from very few occasions there is no need to go to these shows. Reputable shops sell at lower price and you are free to select other equipment or skip it. Sitex and others bundle in freebies of low value but sell the camera at RRP. Apart from that, going to those shops usually is more relaxed.

bally photo
worldwide cameras
song brothers............

please avoid these.

there is a list of shops somewhere...

Orient Photo
TK Foto
Cathay Photo
SLR Revolution

would be my personal recommendations out of that list.

welcome to CS . . . ;)

D7k not in store yet . . . think you just have to wait till next weekend . . . and compete with quite a number of ppl eager to get one of it . . .

you may wish to pre-order from shops now . . . ;)

if you do your homework well, you will get a good price from a good shop . . . ;)
But anyway, D7k is a new entry and hence the price won't vary that much too . . . :think:

I get my Nikon products from iPhoto in Lucky Plaza.

Cheers,

Hello Woolala, Before the D7000 hit the store, you better make sure you are buying Nikon and not Nike.

Otherwise you will never find it. Just making some fun here while we all waiting for the toy to arrive.

Try TK photo at funan level 2 look for Alan Yeo his service is really good. I just know from him he is a photographer himself shooting wildlife.