Recommendation of lens shops?

t0nY5tark

Dec 31, 2009
Hi,
Looking to get a lens, any suggestions of shops which sell them at good price?:thumbsup:
t0ny

hi ironman, for your immediate perusal:

AP-F: Alan Photo, #02-07 Funan The IT Mall | 6883-0922 | alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
AP-S: Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square | 6336-0922 | alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
BC: BargainCity.com.sg
CP-1: Cathay Photo, #01-11, 14 Peninsula Plaza (Main) | 6337-4274 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-2: Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Printer Section) | 6338-7783 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-3: Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Tripod Section) | 6338-0451 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-M: Cathay Photo, #02-215, Marina Square | 6339-6188 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
HN: Harvey Norman (various)
IP: Iphoto (formally known as Lord's Camera) 304 Orchard Road, #01-79, Lucky Plaza, Singapore 238863 | 6235 4248 | 6235 4605 | iphoto78@yahoo.com.sg
JO: John 3:16, #05-37 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6337-2877 | 6337-1897 | j316ps@gmail.com
MS: MS Color (Main), 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C | 6457-6380 | sales@mscolor.com.sg
MS: MS Color (AMK Hub), 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 #02-24 | 6452-2828 | sales@mscolor.com.sg
OP: Orient Photo, #06-31 | 53 Sim Lim Square | 6339-1035 | sales@orientfoto.com.sg
PA-N: Parisilk (North), 7 Transit Road | 6452-1593
PA-HV: Parisilk (Central), 15A Lorong Liput | 6466-6002
PA-E: Parisilk (East), Blk 214 #01-179 Bedok Central | 6441-6066
SLRR: SLR Revolution, #05-K7 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6336-8767 | rayslr.revo@gmail.com
TCW: The Camera Workshop, 3 Coleman Street #01-31 | 6336-1956 6336-7808 | tcwkshop@singnet.com.sg
TK: T.K. Foto Technic, #02-14 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6292-4533 | sales@tkfoto.com.sg | www.tkfoto.com.sg

more info:
Price Guides

t0nY5tark said:
My bad looking for second hand lenses which are in good condition

For shops, try the ones at Peninsula plaza or Peninsula shopping center. If not you can check the buy/sell here

My bad looking for second hand lenses which are in good condition

Aiyaa, now then you mention "second hand". You never said so earlier, just "lens shops".

Yeah, Peninsula mall and peninsula shopping center, there are many many many shops there.

Does anyone know which shops can test lenses?
I wanna test a few lenses before purchasing.
Was wondering if MS can test or not?

shawnaye said:
Does anyone know which shops can test lenses?
I wanna test a few lenses before purchasing.
Was wondering if MS can test or not?

Lenses any shop should let u test. Or u can go NSC

shawnaye said:
oh? so i can test without purchasing at any shop?
sorry, what is NSC?

Depends on the shop keeper haha. Nikon service centre. Your respective camera service centers should allow u to test :)

Nikon Service Centre

shawnaye said:
Wanna test a sigma lens haha.

Sigma service centre. Jk hahah ¯\(°_o)/¯. If there is even such a place. Ya the regular shops should let u try. Tk Slrr j3:16 etc Cathay and op maybe?

Lenses any shop should let u test. Or u can go NSC

not true. actually, I should say most shops won't let you test their brand new lens, unless you've committed you want to buy.

oh? so i can test without purchasing at any shop?
You can ask, but you are not the first one with this idea. So some shops might not be enthusiastic to let you molest all their lenses. The next shopper might be as picky as you are and not buying anything ...
Shops need to sell to fill the rice bowl. If you need fine tuning then check AF Micro Adjustments in your camera body or bring the lens for further adjustments to the respective service center. Do keep in mind that no AF system, no lens, no camera is perfect and the root cause for the majority of focus issues is behind the viewfinder.

Thanks for the replies guys. Cause the lens I wanna get ms quote me cheapest so far. Was thinking if they can let me test then go straight down to them. So I'm here asking if anyone tried lenses there before haha.

Thanks for the replies guys. Cause the lens I wanna get ms quote me cheapest so far. Was thinking if they can let me test then go straight down to them. So I'm here asking if anyone tried lenses there before haha.

Why are you asking us and not them? You want to test at MS, just call up and ask Florence.

Why are you asking us and not them? You want to test at MS, just call up and ask Florence.

Sorry bro, just wanted to check before heading down. Still a noob :x

My whole idea was to check if people ever tried lenses at MS before, so they can like post here saying 'yes, i've been to MS and they let me try the lenses there. good service'
Something like that, haha.

But thanks anyway. really appreciate all the replies.

Sorry bro, just wanted to check before heading down. Still a noob :x

My whole idea was to check if people ever tried lenses at MS before, so they can like post here saying 'yes, i've been to MS and they let me try the lenses there. good service'
Something like that, haha.

But thanks anyway. really appreciate all the replies.

Depends on you and how friendly you are lor. For me, I can test any lens that is not sealed. But if you come across as arrogant, they may say "no".

Depends on you and how friendly you are lor. For me, I can test any lens that is not sealed. But if you come across as arrogant, they may say "no".

Does it mean that when buying a NEW lens, one cannot try it on the spot?
How can we be sure that the lens is of good condition?

Does it mean that when buying a NEW lens, one cannot try it on the spot?
How can we be sure that the lens is of good condition?

If it's sealed in the box, you can reasonably expect it to be in mint condition. Basic, simple common sense, right? You are also now protected by the lemon law.

FYI, that is why you should INSPECT the lens at the shop after buying. They can exchange if there's a fault.

But unsealing the box, letting you test test test then you decide not to buy and the shop is stuck with an unsealed box for the next customer? what shop would do that to themselves?