Recommendation of Lens after Kit Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeinaday

Sep 19, 2007
What are the recommendations for a lens , looking to upgrade from the Kit Lens, Mainly use for Day-to-day shooting? Advice much appreciated. Budget wise, justifiable for a Fresh DSLR owner, photographer. Thanks.

i would suggest tamron 17-50 2.8.

pretty sharp, constant aperture at a decent price. i havent had qualms with my one since i got it months back. only one issue is that, take good care of it. dont knock it around. i dont know if your a cannon or nikon user...but the nikon lense with the similar range and constant aperture (notice i didnt use the word equivalent) is closer to 4 times its price.

this is going about 500 plus 600 and is a pretty good investment.

i know for nikon sigma also has a similar lense however my friend complains to me that the afs is slow. any users who can confirm?

Ef 17-55 since it's so cheap now which is 1.3k brand new, compared to 6 mths ago which is 1.8k brand new.
Ef 70-200 F4/2.8L that really have to depend on ur budget.

Ef 17-55 since it's so cheap now which is 1.3k brand new, compared to 6 mths ago which is 1.8k brand new.
Ef 70-200 F4/2.8L that really have to depend on ur budget.

dude u dont even know if he is a canon user. well i just found out he is a nikon user...and didnt he say new dslr owner. dont think he would spend 1.3k on a lense at the moment.

do offence.

day 2 day shooting, prob u want a 'walk about' lens.

a tele photo between 35~100mm?

you really have to ask yourself what you want to shoot?

cos u might just get frustrated as the lens might not have the capabilities to ur liking due to its limitations. that points to another question: whats ur budget?

What are the recommendations for a lens , looking to upgrade from the Kit Lens, Mainly use for Day-to-day shooting? Advice much appreciated. Budget wise, justifiable for a Fresh DSLR owner, photographer. Thanks.

suggest you stay with the kit lens until you identify an area of shooting that you do day to day that the kit lens can't handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.