Recommendation needed: Photo Hosting Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichibawa

Nov 7, 2006
Other than PBase is there any other photo hosting site that we can use?

Brand

Nov 6, 2006
www.lushfolio.com
I'm using zenfolio which i think is quite good... although i'm subscribing on a paid membership basis which works out to be $5 / month for unlimited storage & customisable look and feel... easy loading and photo management esp when you have hundreds and thousands of photos to manage.

quinton

Feb 23, 2005
i like and use picasa web albums. Easy to upload with picasa, complete hassle free, 1GB storage, easy to share... free... :p

Of course others can disagree. I've tried flickr and i still think it takes too much to upload (I'm very very lazy of course), not to mention i'm limited to the photoes and albums i can create on a free account. same problem with pbase, if you're like me and just want to try free coz u dunno if you'll be making money soon out of this.

But I have to admit pbase and flickr have a really nice gallery and compilation of excellent shots from photogs all over the world. So i like to browse there.. but dun like to host.

Youhong

Dec 30, 2004
North
photofreak-alvinz.blogspot.com
I'm using
- Photobucket for linking pictures to forums and my blog
- Myphotoalbum for actual portfolio
- Multiply (Extra)

One thing I like about the myphotoalbum is that unlike multiply, you can create sub-albums, sub-sub albums. Renaming your albums will not break your links unlike photobucket. Prevents people from saving your pictures (except you use "printscreen" button).

iboey

Jun 16, 2006
Eastern Singapore
www.iboey.com
zenfolio gets my thumbs up as Im using it now. I can upload the original resolution (less than 10mb) and download it whenever my com or lappy crash. At least i know i have an original resolution image stored online. If you want to use zenfolio let me know as u can get $5 off and i get $5 off as well for my renewal. Win win :bsmilie:

mikeelanac

Deregistered
Apr 12, 2007
Simei
www.flickr.com
zenfolio gets my thumbs up as Im using it now. I can upload the original resolution (less than 10mb) and download it whenever my com or lappy crash. At least i know i have an original resolution image stored online. If you want to use zenfolio let me know as u can get $5 off and i get $5 off as well for my renewal. Win win :bsmilie:
i'd like to inquire for a subscription,but the thing is i don't have any credit card to use. Can you work it out for me if it's ok then i'll settle an immediate payment with you personally..can? 91777806-mike

phraeb

Nov 23, 2006
Tampines
phraeb.zenfolio.com
I have sampled pbase, deviantart and zenfolio. I settled with zenfolio in the end cos i like the interface of the gallery. It is ad free and very clean. However, you have to pay la.

jmmtn4aj

Jan 1, 2007
Singapore
flickr.com
I have sampled pbase, deviantart and zenfolio. I settled with zenfolio in the end cos i like the interface of the gallery. It is ad free and very clean. However, you have to pay la.
I use deviantART in addition to Flickr to showcase the artier stuff. deviantART is horrible as a pure photo hosting site because you don't have much in the way of organization, and the uploading process is much more complicated compared to proper hosting sites. I intend to get Smugmug sometime, but will keep Flickr and deviantART for their large user-base, community, and more networking-centered features.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
I use smugmug and find it very easy and convenient to use. Unlimited bandwidth....thats the plus pt.

t0tor0

Sep 12, 2006
www.photoblog.com
i am also planning to go with Smugmug. their interface is nice and can work with aperture/iphoto.

most importantly, the staff are friendly and respond to emails fast! so for their excellent customer service, i will support them.

ch3nyong

Apr 26, 2007
I'd personally recommend to go for Flickr Pro account. Around SGD40/year and you get everything you need for an online photo album!

- unlimited bandwidth
- stores original sizes
- organized way of grouping photos by sets & collections
- fast uploading & viewing speed
- clean & easy navigation interface
- expose your photos to millions of other Flickr users!

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom