Recommendation in buying a new DSLR(Beginner)

Let me go thru everything again...

1st,i posted this:

Depends on you.18-55 would be good for landscapes as its 18mm wide whereas your 28-200 is only 28mm wide:)

It means that 18mm is NATURALLY WIDER than 28mm.

Then,ovaltinemilo posted this:

It's not even that wide...

18mm not wide meh??

cleonbus / ovaltinemilo: Slow down, guys! You are both right. But you seem to stand back to back shouting in different directions.. still blaming the other one for not listening :)

is it?:bsmilie:
ok, time for a mediator...

So I should purchase together with the kit? Isit risky to just purchase the body?

Depends on you.18-55 would be good for landscapes as its 18mm wide whereas your 28-200 is only 28mm wide:)

Ok. To tell you my side of the story...
TS is thinking to get an APSC sensor DSLR. So I said tt "28mm" is not even 28mm wide on that cropped sized body... any misunderstanding?

Ok. To tell you my side of the story...
TS is thinking to get an APSC sensor DSLR. So I said tt "28mm" is not even 28mm wide on that cropped sized body... any misunderstanding?

Yes.That is why i told TS to get the 18-55...

Let me go thru everything again...
It means that 18mm is NATURALLY WIDER than 28mm.

of course 18mm is wider than 28mm but if you mount both the 18-55mm and 28-200mm on an APSC sensor DSLR. Tt 28mm lens is not going to give you 10mm wider than the 18-55mm lens...this is the part I'm confused with your "10mm wider" comment...

Last edited:
of course 18mm is wider than 28mm but if you mount both the 18-55mm and 28-200mm on an APSC sensor DSLR. Tt 28mm lens is not going to give you 10mm wider than the 18-55mm lens...

Ya ok ok is 15mm lah.You win...

...this is the part I'm confused with your "10mm wider" comment...

Cos i haven't bring my calculator to the table mah so haven x1.5 yet.After you start posting then i brought my calculator then start x1.5.

P.S Are you trying to find trouble with me?

Cos i haven't bring my calculator to the table mah so haven x1.5 yet.After you start posting then i brought my calculator then start x1.5.

P.S Are you trying to find trouble with me?

Due to job nature, I seldom use calculator on this kinda math...

Last edited:
Sorry,i do not do photography for a living.If you cannot catch what i'm trying to say,too bad...

i do not do photography for a living too. Did you mean you need to use a calculator to find out 10 x 1.5=?

i do not do photography for a living too. Did you mean you need to use a calculator to find out 10 x 1.5=?

Yes.Cos my maths is lousy so i need a calculator.Any problem with that?Are you trying to find trouble with me?:dunno:

pls re-read again and find out why I put up a comparison of FF and APSC when talk about crop factor. Included here for your convenience.:)

ovaltinemilo said:
TS and Cleonbus,

2801359364_56e4733c6a_o.jpg

Basically, cropped sensor as its name suggested, is cropped. Thus, the field of view is also cropped. Just like the image shows, a FX circle on a DX sensor means there's a cropping effect...

reposting on behalf of Bro Octarine again, if you wana read up...

pls re-read again and find out why I put up a comparison of FF and APSC when talk about crop factor. Included here for your convenience.:)

reposting on behalf of Bro Octarine again, if you wana read up...

:faint:

Can someone wake ovaltinemilo up?This guy is simply trying to find trouble with me.I already made things clear.Haizzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Last edited:
Guys relax, haha. But well, I want to know which dslr will be the best among the 4 options that I've stated. I don't mind reusing the old lens, I also don't mind to buy another brand and keep the lens so that I may want to use the film slr occasionally. And I do not want to get a dslr and find out that the other models are better and feel regret eventually. Well, I've already planned what I'm going to take after I purchase one. I would like to take some night shots (e.g helix bridge, flyers etc.) and I may wanna go for sunrise and sunset, so I wonder which of the dslr that I've stated can satisfy me with what I need?

Guys relax, haha. But well, I want to know which dslr will be the best among the 4 options that I've stated. I don't mind reusing the old lens, I also don't mind to buy another brand and keep the lens so that I may want to use the film slr occasionally. And I do not want to get a dslr and find out that the other models are better and feel regret eventually. Well, I've already planned what I'm going to take after I purchase one. I would like to take some night shots (e.g helix bridge, flyers etc.) and I may wanna go for sunrise and sunset, so I wonder which of the dslr that I've stated can satisfy me with what I need?

I am VERY relax already.ovaltinemilo is simply making me more 'not so relax'.For sunrise & sunset,you might wanna consider getting a tripod and some square filters:)

P.S Pentax K-x is good for high ISO

I am VERY relax already.ovaltinemilo is simply making me more 'not so relax'.For sunrise & sunset,you might wanna consider getting a tripod and some square filters:)

P.S Pentax K-x is good for high ISO

Hmmm but no choice, courts doesn't offer pentax. Haha well, which of the 4DSLR that I've mentioned is good for the ISO thingy? Just compare with the 4 models alright? Cos if compare with others, there will be a no ending to it.

Hmmm but no choice, courts doesn't offer pentax. Haha well, which of the 4DSLR that I've mentioned is good for the ISO thingy? Just compare with the 4 models alright? Cos if compare with others, there will be a no ending to it.

www.dpreview.com
Why courts? Do you need the insurance package for 5 years that even covers owners clumsiness? :)

www.dpreview.com
Why courts? Do you need the insurance package for 5 years that even covers owners clumsiness? :)

Nah. I'm intending to pay my installment and its 0% interest if pay by credit. Thats why.
And I've read up some reviews of Canon 1000D, Nikon D3000, and Sony A230. I know that A230 picture quality when above ISO400 will not be as good as Canon's and Nikon's. But now I wonder, between D3000 and 1000D, which one will gives the best ISO?

Actually talking about 10mm or 15mm wider is not very informative.

The most accurate way is to talk about angle of view. If you look at focal length, 1mm difference in the wide end is larger angle difference than 1mm difference in the tele end.

So (18mm to 28mm difference in angle of view) is a lot larger than (150mm to 200mm difference in angle of view)