Recommendation for Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

aRcTiC sTaR

Feb 28, 2007
Intending to get a Tripod. Any recommendations?

I'm using a Sony PnS camera, but I do think that a tripod will come in handy especially for short exposures and fireworks shooting. Sony tripods are way overpriced and I think that there are better value-for-money budget tripods but as I'm relatively new to this hobby I don't know what are the brands and models to look out for.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :D

That depends on your budget, probably a SLIK is suitable for you. Just my suggestion.

Budget would be around $60, which I believe should suffice for a pretty good tripod for a PnS?

$60 is sufficient. Try not to get those with a lots of leg extensions, it wobbles alot.

Okay I'll look around the Market place. Any particular model for Slik to recommend? I'm using a Sony T10 which weighs around 130g so weight shouldn't be an issue...

My height is approx 1.65m and I seem to recall someone mentioning that height is an issue to take note of when choosing a tripod.

The sprint pro's max height is 1.635 m while the sprint mini's is 1.1m so I believe that the sprint pro would be more comfortable for me? as I'm about 1.65m tall

Yes, as long as it fits your budget.
Happy shooting.

A few SLIK models that I'm considering:

Sprint Pro Weight(890g) FoldedLength(480mm) MaxHeight(1635mm)
Sprint Tripod Weight(860g) FoldedLength(455mm) MaxHeight(1605mm)
Sprint Mini Weight(740g) FoldedLength(360mm) MaxHeight(1100mm)
Compact XL Weight(670g) FoldedLength(390mm) MaxHeight(1100mm)

Generally I think that the slight difference in weight should not be a deciding factor? The Max Height should be the main factor? Veterans please advise.

Usually taller tripod is more useful esp. when you setup behind a railing or obstacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.